British Speedway Forum
parkendlass

Sheffield v Redcar 7/4/19

Sheffield strong at home this year. A tough ask for the Bears, but a far from impossible task.

All things considered, I'm going for a narrow loss for the Bears, but by less than ten points

UTB !!

If the Tigers aren't better than they were last week they may struggle against a team that has three heat leaders that ride Sheffield well. Some of their other riders have also done ok here as well.

Could be a close one! 

Our no 1 needs to sort his bike issues !!!   

Never mind well don Sheffield, 

Not the best meeting I have seen at Sheffield. Easy Tigers win against a disjointed Redcar side.

Impressed with Kennedy and big performance from Greaves.

Two questions: any idea why Graham Trollope is not doing the track now, and how are the fans going to be accommodated on Championship Riders night now that the first  bend can't  be used ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger

16 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not the best meeting I have seen at Sheffield. Easy Tigers win against a disjointed Redcar side.

Two questions: any idea why Graham Trollope is not doing the track now, and how are the fans going to be accommodated on Championship Riders night now that the first  bend can't  be used ?

Answer to question 1. Money, the promotion have changed track men at both their tracks recently.

Answer to question 2. Your expecting a big crowd? Sheffield is not the track it once was, poor standard of racing these days. Fans on the home straight complaining of restricted views now because of two large ' dog advert ' signs obstructing view of start line and bend 4.

nice to see the bar open on bend 3 though.

For me Redcar made a grave tactical error in not bringing Barker/Wright as T/S into heat 8 for Jack Smith instead of waiting to heat 9 and replacing Nathan Greaves who was going well. Barker only then ran a third.

Still happy for the win and terrific performances from Kyle, Danny and Zaine. 

14 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

i think i heard at Sheff last week that the work being carried out at Owlerton will be complete by early August  and what a stadium it will be then

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, montie said:

i think i heard at Sheff last week that the work being carried out at Owlerton will be complete by early August  and what a stadium it will be then

Only need a decent track. That should be more of a priority.

2 hours ago, TigerAl said:

For me Redcar made a grave tactical error in not bringing Barker/Wright as T/S into heat 8 for Jack Smith instead of waiting to heat 9 and replacing Nathan Greaves who was going well. Barker only then ran a third.

Still happy for the win and terrific performances from Kyle, Danny and Zaine. 

Isnt heat 8 protected from the use of the TS?

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
fat finger syndrome

Yes. TS used in heats 5 to 14 not including 8.

I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying folks. I wasn't aware of the protection for heat 8. At least it makes sense now.

The bidding stands at £175, its being kept open for email offers until noon tomorrow (9.4.19). Bids to office@sheffield-speedway.com

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I enjoyed the meeting,I won the £500!

You lucky person, you bought yours just after me, I had 1370! Spend it wisely - not like I would've.

• Like 1