British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds vs Berwick Bandits CS

Still thawing out after watching a poor performance by the Diamonds on a track that resembled a concrete oval that had so little shale on it I don't know why we had so much tractor racing as there was nothing to grade! Heard mutterings on the terraces from some of the die hard fans saying if things don't improve the will consider not coming back. Worrying, if that happens I can see the Diamonds not seeing the end of their 90th season.

• Like 1

Absolute shocking performance … well done the bandits … very worthy winners and the scoreline was a fair reflection in their superiority to us 

well ive watched the 1st 4 meetings and 

• we still cant gate
  • we look slower …….. opposition pulls away or catches us ………  even at home
  • 2 of our riders look happy just to survive 4 laps at home !
  • 3 look short of confidence …………  already

apart from bjerre who beat the woeful gappmaier (truly pathetic non effort) ….. every other diamond lost his dual with his counter part ………. and at home that is totally unacceptable 

our 3 heat leaders have thus far been poor, and of the other 4 only clegg has impressed 

whilst every team should be increasing their average to 42 …….. we will be lowering ours !!

whilst its not time to panic ……………….  the alarm bells are ringing …. cant remember the last time we started with 4 defeats but I suspect it wasn't a good season 

we haven't even reached Easter and it looks like another long season ahead …….there were NO 'positives' about tonights performance 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Good job Gappmaier did nothing, otherwise this could have been a real hammering...:rofl:

Yes he loves Brough Park as much as Armadale 

6 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes he loves Brough Park as much as Armadale 

Honestly 

Newcastle looked like the away team... Berwick definitely wanted it more... we need fortress Brough Park and the sooner the better... two totally different tracks from last week to this... it's not the NSS it needs to be grippy and the grippier the better... there is no home track advantage whatsoever at present... 

Needs to be sorted sooner rather than later...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Newcastle even worse than originally thought or Berwick better than predicted??

The diamonds hater can't help himself but for the record Berwick sharper out the gate

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Absolute s***e. Phillips not good enough for this league and both Lambert and Wethers pi$$ poor. Wethers needs to improve and Lambert and fast, I think the team already needs a major shakeup and we are only two meetings in. Only Clegg has impressed me so far. 

I don't mind losing but we need to compete and we are not, we are poor out of the gate and giving ourselves a massive hill to climb. 

Spot on I were getting beat up going into the 1st bend far to easy and I know it's the same for all 4 riders in the race but the track is very poor at the moment... It's cutting up far to easy so at the moment it's a case who's got the biggest town halls to attack it.. hopefully it will settle down and the diamonds can get things sorted before the crowds start dropping..

7 points taken this weekend. That’ll do :approve: 

And I enjoyed tonight :lol: You always do when you win :lol: 

• Like 2

That’s the smoothest I’ve ever seen the track. No home advantage whatsoever on that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

The diamonds hater can't help himself but for the record Berwick sharper out the gate

Just asking a question... it is great to see after the way you treated riders though.. hope it continues 

11 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

there is no home track advantage whatsoever at present... 

Thats exactly how speedway should be,to much HTA is half of what is wrong with speedway

i dont care really if a track is slick or grippy,as long as its smooth and consistant,then riders can have a go

thats how speedway should be

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Palovaara is available. :party:

Well worth a team change or 2 to bring big Vic in