British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds vs Berwick Bandits CS

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Just asking a question... it is great to see after the way you treated riders though.. hope it continues 

As you ( hopefully ) may be aware it's a numbers game that dictates decisions on riders..by saying it's great to see and hoping it continues sums you up really.. have you broken up for Easter as your comments on here are very childish.. why bother posting when you obviously dislike Newcastle & let the proper fans enjoy the banter and having valid opinions,,,,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

As you ( hopefully ) may be aware it's a numbers game that dictates decisions on riders..by saying it's great to see and hoping it continues sums you up really.. have you broken up for Easter as your comments on here are very childish.. why bother posting when you obviously dislike Newcastle & let the proper fans enjoy the banter and having valid opinions,,,,

Probably he's very insecure and likes getting a rise out of ppl if we just ignore him him I'm sure he'll return to dodgy websites and a packet of tissues.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, montie said:

Thats exactly how speedway should be,to much HTA is half of what is wrong with speedway

i dont care really if a track is slick or grippy,as long as its smooth and consistant,then riders can have a go

thats how speedway should be

The track was far from ideal last night it cut up badly on the 1st & 2nd bend very patchy but it's hard to get sorted when the weather is cold & damp for race time but got to give Berwick credit they wanted it more 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Oh right numbers dictate riders having a team place confirmed, spending shed loads getting bikes etc together then dropping them by text!! 

10 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

The track was far from ideal last night it cut up badly on the 1st & 2nd bend very patchy but it's hard to get sorted when the weather is cold & damp for race time but got to give Berwick credit they wanted it more 

you would imagine tho cold and damp is ideal conditions for track prep

normally they moan about it being hot and dry;)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, montie said:

Thais exactly how speedway should be,to much HTA is half of what is wrong with speedway

i don't care really if a track is slick or grippy,as long as its smooth and consistent, then riders can have a go

thats how speedway should be

Its no good running a fair track in a league of 11 when 8 or 9 of the others are not following suit

However I do not fundamentally disagree with what you are saying but you cant say the EWR is smooth and consistent, Rob G tried his best last year and over the half dozen or so meetings I attended last season at the EWR it was possibly only the last two meetings where the track seemed consistent. Also does that not make wins all the more sweeter if a team has had to overcome the obstacle of a track that has been prepared to suit the home team? Dunno and just an opinion...

Regards
THJ

50 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Its no good running a fair track in a league of 11 when 8 or 9 of the others are not following suit

However I do not fundamentally disagree with what you are saying but you cant say the EWR is smooth and consistent, Rob G tried his best last year and over the half dozen or so meetings I attended last season at the EWR it was possibly only the last two meetings where the track seemed consistent. Also does that not make wins all the more sweeter if a team has had to overcome the obstacle of a track that has been prepared to suit the home team? Dunno and just an opinion...

Regards
THJ

i dont ride the bike,but talking to alot of riders they all seemed to say it was smoth and consistant

other than that im wrong to comment,i just watch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

you would imagine tho cold and damp is ideal conditions for track prep

normally they moan about it being hot and dry;)

Can't please everyone.. riders will always moan about track prep who'd be a track man

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Can't please everyone.. riders will always moan about track prep who'd be a track man

Agree,it’s all about set-ups they tell you,and most of them have been riding for years and still can’t work it out.:rolleyes: They just need to get on with it IMO.

Congrats to Berwick Team manager last night,used his key man to full advantage- 7 rides,and it paid off.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, montie said:

i dont ride the bike,but talking to alot of riders they all seemed to say it was smoth and consistant

other than that im wrong to comment,i just watch

I am in the same boat I talk to the riders (and promoters) and just watch, ultimately you pays your money and you know what you like; unfortunately you don't always get what you like...

Regards
THJ

24 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,it’s all about set-ups they tell you,and most of them have been riding for years and still can’t work it out.:rolleyes: They just need to get on with it IMO.

Congrats to Berwick Team manager last night,used his key man to full advantage- 7 rides,and it paid off.

But apparently Leon is telling on his Dad for pulling his last ride; Doh! who would be a Team Manager (LOL)

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Well worth a team change or 2 to bring big Vic in 

How would you fit him in ???

Must admit tho, I haven't been impressed thus far, but its a fairly new squad and not one that I would've cobbled together. After a couple of uninspiring home defeats, I think it a bit sharp to panic. Not sure about other fans tho. Also, I'm not a fan of the Lambert signing, but felt sorry for the guy last night, over trying maybe ?

3 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Well worth a team change or 2 to bring big Vic in 

The guy who was dumped mere weeks before the season! I’m sure he’d be chomping at the bit to ride for the club that done that to him! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Oh right numbers dictate riders having a team place confirmed, spending shed loads getting bikes etc together then dropping them by text!! 

Yes as a business if it means improving your team and getting fans through the gate. At Newcastle Stevie was rider of the year 3 times in succession so when he became available it was a no brainier to fit him in. Can you imagine if we had stuck with Victor and he was only scoring 5s n 6s at meetings and Stevie had signed for someone else ( which he would of done) and was knocking in maximums or double figures every meeting .. The fans would of had every right to have had a go at the management and rightly so 

• Like 2