British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds vs Berwick Bandits CS

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s pretty pathetic the the people in charge don’t seem to know the new rule.

Unfortunately its not unknown. Id bet Willie Dishington hasnt even read it.

Mr Dishington was in charge at the Bordernapolis.  Prior to the meeting he called a Riders Briefing on the infield and explained the new procedure to all.  The meeting went off well, with no starting gate problems. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mauger65 said:

much ado about nothing geez ..... starting marshall gets riders to tapes , green light on and tapes go ... race on

don't think its anything to do with starting process .... riders last few years have been getting worse each year and are constantly moving at gate

this year has started even worse .... and we have been the biggest offenders !!!!   - its at least 3 times per meeting our riders have had to stop themselves touching tapes and the ref has started the race leaving them floundering (quite rightly) .....  I wouldn't care but for all the movement we have done at the tapes we have woeful at gating - especially the 1st 4 races where in the 2 away meetings the match was over by heat 4  

But the biggest issue will be the crowds and the quality of racing thus far.  Brough is a technical track and as such you do see a lot of passing and close racing.    Whilst no one likes getting beaten, getting beaten whilst watching boring racing is another matter.  The 1st 2 home meetings have been amongst some of the dullest meetings Ive ever seen (redcar had the odd moment)   Apart from Jorgensen's superb pass on Wright,  we haven't looked likely passing anyone and apart from Jorgensen and Worrall Im not sure the others can pass at Brough.

Sunday night I was freezing, bored, deflated at seeing us getting a good whipping off our friendly neighbours and frankly heat 15 couldn't arrive quick enough. Well that's 2 trophies we have failed to win so far.  Still the league starts on Sunday where we are currently unbeaten......................  

Not quite. starting marshall gets riders to the tapes, green light on, STARTING MARSHALL WALKS TO THE REAR OF THE BIKES, then tapes up and go. This means that there should be a delay of at least 5 to 10 seconds after the green light come on before the tape are lifted. if the rule is not followed and the tapes are lifted immediately green light is illuminated then riders are unprepared as they are expecting a delay. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, leander said:

Not quite. starting marshall gets riders to the tapes, green light on, STARTING MARSHALL WALKS TO THE REAR OF THE BIKES, then tapes up and go. This means that there should be a delay of at least 5 to 10 seconds after the green light come on before the tape are lifted. if the rule is not followed and the tapes are lifted immediately green light is illuminated then riders are unprepared as they are expecting a delay. 

If they miss the start, they've got a whole four laps to catch up.

28 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If they miss the start, they've got a whole four laps to catch up.

Waste of time at Berwick though:rolleyes:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Mr Dishington was in charge at the Bordernapolis.  Prior to the meeting he called a Riders Briefing on the infield and explained the new procedure to all.  The meeting went off well, with no starting gate problems. 

I prefer the appraisal from MD it is more believable.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 4/7/2019 at 8:33 PM, phillipsr said:

Newcastle even worse than originally thought or Berwick better than predicted??

Correct. I was not happy with this performance. Me and a few others I would have thought!! As has already been mentioned Danny Phillips in team?? He is no better now than when he first started.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 4/7/2019 at 8:35 PM, NJC71 said:

It may be early but heat leaders have not got going yet (particularly Bjerre) which exposes the tail which is too long. Lambert & Wethers are reserves riding in the top 5 and the reserve pairing isn’t strong enough. Not sure where the improvement in that bottom 4 is going to come from. 

Can’t see this being the team come the end of the season. 

I think Max Clegg will be ok. Danny Phillips out of his depth.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 4/7/2019 at 9:50 PM, mauger65 said:

Absolute shocking performance … well done the bandits … very worthy winners and the scoreline was a fair reflection in their superiority to us 

well ive watched the 1st 4 meetings and 

• we still cant gate
  • we look slower …….. opposition pulls away or catches us ………  even at home
  • 2 of our riders look happy just to survive 4 laps at home !
  • 3 look short of confidence …………  already

apart from bjerre who beat the woeful gappmaier (truly pathetic non effort) ….. every other diamond lost his dual with his counter part ………. and at home that is totally unacceptable 

our 3 heat leaders have thus far been poor, and of the other 4 only clegg has impressed 

whilst every team should be increasing their average to 42 …….. we will be lowering ours !!

whilst its not time to panic ……………….  the alarm bells are ringing …. cant remember the last time we started with 4 defeats but I suspect it wasn't a good season 

we haven't even reached Easter and it looks like another long season ahead …….there were NO 'positives' about tonights performance 

Completely agree. Track was a sweeping brush job. ( IE old Rye House days!!) Len Silver could not afford shale! 

18 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Mr Dishington needs to have a word with his tutor Mr McGregor then,As I believe he taught him all he knows.;)

• Haha 1

What does Jordan Jenkins, Nathan Stoneman, Richard Andrews, Luke Harris, Rob Shuttleworth (If still riding?) or heck even David Wallinger do on Sunday afternoons like? All would be an improvement... Sorry Danny, all of this can't be doing you much good either... Can't fault your effort or commitment though...

Whatever happened to us and another north east team having a NL team then?

Any other team changes people may be thinking about... It's a bit early I think, don't over react, Thomas Jorgensen, Lasse Bjerre, Matthew Wethers and Steve Worrall are all too good not to improve on their early season start... Thomas and Lasse are still basically away riders at the minute... The first in particular... As he made it VERY hard for himself on Sunday night, some of the lines he was taking were questionable... Give him time and he'll come good... Also Simon Lambert? Can't fault his effort either, but Brough Park is just not his track... Let's give him a few weeks chance though... :)

Max, you're doing great (Bar Berwick away) :t: Very impressive at home last Sunday

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

What average would Ben Wilson be on?

Lasse seems to be having more mechanical gremlins tonight. R, R, 2, 0. Hope he gets them bottomed out sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dandelion said:

What average would Ben Wilson be on?

Who next Ben Hopwood? Don't get me wrong Phillips has had far more time at this level than many riders ever get and still shows no signs of making the step up but if a change is going to be made i would at least suggest a rider who could become a real asset but the ship has sailed on the majority like Jason Edwards etc. Luke Harris is a fair shout although also still a little too early. Would think the best opportunity is Jordan Jenkins as suggested and as a wild card i would say Danyon Hume would be a better option than Simon Lambert. However at present the diamonds issues are far bigger than who fills the number 7 jacket. 

• Like 2