British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Weeyin

Glasgow v Berwick April 12th

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

The riders have been in practicing a few days  this week so hopfully dailed into new track surface  CC and the Danes look very quick on the day they were there tigers just to sneak it by couple of points 

Any significant changes to track?

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Like other Tigers fans am a bit worried about this match. People forget that Aaron was brilliant for the Tigers apart from the season he picked a Polish based engine tuner and remember he's a former track record holder. The only thing coty lacked was reliable good equipment, when he was on it he was superb. The others have all had decent performances and if they pop out the gate who knows. As others have said they've had competitive action and we've had individual meetings or just practise. Everyone seems to have forgotten cookie is coming back from injury and no one knows how he'll do and luke hasn't ridden competively for a while again due to injury. Hate to say it but can see us losing particularly if we have bike and tapes problems 

Likewise, especially at reserve. Cant think who would have tapes problems!!

• Haha 2

After reading season preview in speedway star, Mr cammy knickers wants Tigger's to have more luck this year !! Think last year you were beat by a better team !! Now thinking Berwick side this year resembles that better team from last year, good luck bandits in Tigger land.

By the way just over 1 week to cookies testimonial any riders known yet ? Got my h18tory tee shirt to wear next week !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Cracking day for it 

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

Cracking day for it 

if only people were aware  of this meeting . nothing on the updates site and the speedway forum is a bit quiet regarding this meeting .

is it a Gentle mans meeting , only those in the select club are to be allowed in via the back door..  .i , like many others just want to follow the meeting on the updates site .

NOT looking for grief , just some more info please .

Is the Bandit Bus going? 

Not jealous because i much prefer competitive racing than my team win give me a 46-44 all day . So my question is it not boring having craig cook in your team tootling round in front unchallenged for 33% of tonight's total heats ? seems a bit boring and pointless to me ?  maybe i am wrong and its really entertaining for the masses just not me .

Well that was very easy for the Tigers back to the drawing board for Berwick hopefully a better performance tomorrow night well done to Glasgow 

24 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not jealous because i much prefer competitive racing than my team win give me a 46-44 all day . So my question is it not boring having craig cook in your team tootling round in front unchallenged for 33% of tonight's total heats ? seems a bit boring and pointless to me ?  maybe i am wrong and its really entertaining for the masses just not me .

I left tonight feeling thoroughly entertained and Cookie contributed to that. Some wonderful racing and apart from the crash after heat 14, a great evenings entertainment.

• Like 2

Superb opening meeting for the Tiggers, big crowd, 15 minute queues to get in and some decent racing. Mid April racing is so much better than March. Berwick started off well, were sharp from the gate but seemed to fade from ht 8 onwards. Garcia was never the same after a fall in his second and Flint wasnt really in the hunt.

Jensen was immense on his home debut as was Bickley, after years of trying we may actually have riders who can use the inside line to good effect. With Sarjeant only having 1 starting offence it was a decent night, the downside being Etheridge taking a flyer into the fence at the end of ht14 when his throttle seemed to be stuck open. Hopefully he is ok, onward to Berwick tomorrow.

decent result for the cometigers . Berwick have had a few good results at  the start of the season .

Like other Tigers fans am a bit worried about this match. People forget that Aaron was brilliant for the Tigers apart from the season he picked a Polish based engine tuner and remember he's a former track record holder. The only thing coty lacked was reliable good equipment, when he was on it he was superb. The others have all had decent performances and if they pop out the gate who knows. As others have said they've had competitive action and we've had individual meetings or just practise. Everyone seems to have forgotten cookie is coming back from injury and no one knows how he'll do and luke hasn't ridden competively for a while again due to injury. Hate to say it but can see us losing particularly if we have bike and tapes problems 

Fantastic meeting , the Bandits were sharp out the gate for the first few heats, but the tiggers soon found their feet , best racing I have seen there for a long time. Wasn't as easy as the scoreline suggests. Was impressed with young Bickley. Hope it is as entertaining tomorrow night in Bandit country.

Just now, SharpenRake said:

Glad to admit I was wrong. Excellent result. 

• Like 2