British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Weeyin

Glasgow v Berwick April 12th

Cracking meeting to start the season, the racing was just great to watch with passing and repassing in nearly every heat. After a tight start and the Bandits well in it we just seemed to click and we went up a gear and looked very powerful , you were actually hoping we missed the gate as we were picking the Bandits of outside and inside with ease, for us everyone bar Chessell looked good Jensen in particular whilst Cook was just a joy to watch.

The Bandits cannot be to despondent as they were well in it until heat 7, they are a decent team capable of doing to us what we done to them  at Berwick tomorrow but all in all if that is what we get served up as far as the racing goes we are in for a treat  

• Like 2

A terrific meeting. Bickley and Sarge  did fantastically well. A great advert for Speedway and awesome to see so many paying  customers in attendence.

But  I'm going to stick my neck out and say we are going to get beat tomorrow night. The racing was tight and I think home advantage will swing it for Berwick. The only downside was Etheridges injury and we all hope he is fine.

Bandits were better then the score suggests some very close and great racing,100% for effort to Bandits riders Glasgow were  just better on the night.Jye took a nasty thump into the fence with a sudden stop .Hope is not too badly hurt.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bandits were better then the score suggests some very close and great racing,100% for effort to Bandits riders Glasgow were  just better on the night.Jye took a nasty thump into the fence with a sudden stop .Hope is not too badly hurt.

He seemed to pick up speed after the race was finished  it was suggested his throttle jammed open looked a nasty one best wishes to the lad.

15 hours ago, Gazc said:

He seemed to pick up speed after the race was finished  it was suggested his throttle jammed open looked a nasty one best wishes to the lad.

I was standing at the first bend,don’t think his throttle jammed think because he raced Starke right over the line they were still too close together at the first bend  slowing down and he couldn't get room to give it a wee bit throttle to get a slide on to power round the bend like you see the having to do sometimes in a race to the line finish and straightened and just caught the fence and then sudden stop.( could be wrong though)Unlucky.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Suspected broken collarbone for Jye Etheridge after his heat 14 crash. 

• Sad 2

As many have said , that was as entertaining and exciting a meeting as you'll see anywhere this season . The racing was terrific with passing , repassing and close racing in almost every heat .

Craig Cook looks , and played the part of the best rider in the league to perfection . I wonder if they pay him to miss the gate . But that was the theme throughout the meeting , the Bandits gating and the Tigers coming from the back . Nobody filled that role better than both Jensen and Starke , with Starke's gating pretty awful , and while they can get away with that at Glasgow , they won't at Shielfield Park . Jensen's race with Jackobsen in heat 9 being the pick of a long list of breathtaking heats , that was no quarter asked or given . 

Young Bickley was also a stand out on his debut , looked a much faster and solid rider than he did last year . 

Berwick played their part though and were much better than the scoreline suggests . If the track is like that every week , with so many lines , what a season we are in for . 

• Like 2

Agree 100% with the sentiments expressed, a brilliant nights racing from both teams. There were are number of "first timers" at Ashfield last night and the two families I spoke to as they left were enthralled with the night's entertainment and are returning for the next meeting. Speedway at its best.

Best wishes to Jye Etheridge on a speedy recovery.

• Like 3

We are starting the season 3 weeks later than we normally do and it shows. The track was smooth, no heavy rain or frost over the last week to cause problems in prepping it. We should start at this time every year. Its also a chore to stand on the terraces in bitter cold, but not last night.

• Like 1

Were any riders announced last nite for the upcoming Craig cook testimonial ?

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Were any riders announced last nite for the upcoming Craig cook testimonial ?

None yet would guess that the Easter weekend makes availability difficult , social media will no doubt let us know the line up as soon as it is finalised 7pm start next Saturday with Glasgow , Bell vue . Edinburgh & Workington taking part in a 4tt.

Would imagine there will be fans travelling from the other 3 teams so the sooner the better on a line up I guess.

Glasgow are a decent team and will win many home meetings so losing last isnt a disaster, worst part for Berwick is losing Jye Etheridge with a broken collar bone.

15 minutes ago, screm said:

Glasgow are a decent team and will win many home meetings so losing last isnt a disaster, worst part for Berwick is losing Jye Etheridge with a broken collar bone.

Yeah that was unfortunate for poor Jye, I wish him a speedy recovery, the bandits are my second team and performed better than the scoreline suggests, will be tougher for Glasgow at Berwick, but a large contingent of  Tigers fans will be down to help swell the bandits coffers

2 hours ago, MD said:

We are starting the season 3 weeks later than we normally do and it shows. The track was smooth, no heavy rain or frost over the last week to cause problems in prepping it. We should start at this time every year. Its also a chore to stand on the terraces in bitter cold, but not last night.

i have been saying that we should start the season in April for years . even more so now as there are not the fixtures there used to be .

well done to the two cometigers last night and to jye on his recovery . :t:

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Would imagine there will be fans travelling from the other 3 teams so the sooner the better on a line up I guess.

Several people interested to be coming up from Workington (land of champions ) but if no line up announced may have a big effect on attendance.