British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Wolverhampton v Peterborough PSC Mon 8th April

Wolves kick off their PSC matches with a home tie against Peterborough but missing their new signing Nick Morris who has a scaphoid injury.

More of a problem however is the weather forecast which to be fair isn’t good.

WOLVERHAMPTON: Sam Masters, Kyle Howarth, Scott Nicholls, Nick Morris R/R, Rory Schlein, Ashley Morris, Luke Becker.
PETERBOROUGH: Rohan Tungate, Lasse Bjerre, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Charles Wright, Hans Andersen, Aaron Summers, Ben Barker.

Likely to be off, rain predicted all afternoon 

• Sad 1

I thought you could not have a facility for anyone that has not ridden for you so far this season. I could be totally wrong cos I don't follow things closely anymore. Could some kind person put me right please.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I thought you could not have a facility for anyone that has not ridden for you so far this season. I could be totally wrong cos I don't follow things closely anymore. Could some kind person put me right please.

Never heard that before, what would you expect to happen then?

32 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Never heard that before, what would you expect to happen then?

Just had a dim memory from a few years back a team wanted a facility for a rider they had signed but hadn't actually ridden and it was denied.

Im not bothered really just wondered, thanks for replying :)

3 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Just had a dim memory from a few years back a team wanted a facility for a rider they had signed but hadn't actually ridden and it was denied.

Im not bothered really just wondered, thanks for replying :)

Back in the day I believe that it was the case that no replacement would be allowed prior to riding but in more recent times there has been a number of examples where a it has happened at the start of the season

It is still upheld for mid season changes mind

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

It’s up to the Directors/MC who can decide to grant a 28 day facility

Yes, it’s  discretionary. We had Garrity lined up should Dan have not taken his place as a facility wasn’t an option. 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

No sign of any rain yet so fingers crossed

The weather system is moving slower than predicted first thing this morning. The rain is almost guaranteed from around 1730 - 2100. Only a 30% chance of no rain.

A glimmer of sunshine a couple of hours ago but now the cloud is rolling in again.

11 minutes ago, ouch said:

Yes, it’s  discretionary. We had Garrity lined up should Dan have not taken his place as a facility wasn’t an option. 

That may because he was signed whilst still injured as opposed to injured after signing

• Like 1

The rain could well save Wolves a huge points bill tonight :)

• Haha 1

Blimey that was lucky for Panthers looked liked that was going to be an absolute hammering!!