British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

So tonight sees the first track action of the season for the Pirates against a Stars side wanting a quick recovery from their performance at Ipswich.

Teams: Stars: Lambert, Riss, Proctor, Kerr, Jorgensen, MPT, Andersen.

Pirates: Holder, Grajczonek, Klindt, Worrall, Kurtz, Covatti, Busk Jacobsen.

Several of the Pirates have had track action elsewhere, and with Stars wanting some 'revenge' for last season, I guess it could be quite tight.

Thoughts?

Simple thoughts, a win needed by the Stars... 

Lynn's 1-5 should have enough to edge this at home but expect the reserves to be battered by their Poole counter parts and make this one closer than many would like 48-42 with more alarm bells ringing for the Stars than the Pirates.

• Like 1

I see the tone of the early part of the season being set with a narrow home defeat. We will then see the nature of the promotion in sticking with who they have signed ( by the end of May ) or making necessary changes. Hmmm.

• Like 1

Lambert needs to produce or the Pirates will run away with it

Even with a good performance from him I can see a narrow away win

• Like 1

I can only see an away win unfortunately.Poole's strength in depth is basically better than ours.The engine room of the Stars quite frankly haven't started the season too well in the Championship let alone the opener against Ipswich last week.And NBJ at reserve for Poole has started  the season really well.So this is the reason i see an away win.

Weather is set to be beautiful today with nice warm Summer sunshine,until the sun dips then it will feel like Winter again i'm sure.

I can't make tonight because of work,but i hope miracles do happen and the Stars pull off a win against all odds(in the famous words of SS:wink:)

Can only see a Poole win here by around 10 points.

Be nice if against the odds Kings Lynn could win this

41 minutes ago, tellboy said:

can only see an away win unfortunately.Poole's strength in depth is basically better than ours.The engine room of the Stars quite frankly haven't started the season too well in the Championship let alone the opener against Ipswich last week.And NBJ at reserve for Poole has started  the season really well.So this is the reason i see an away win.

Weather is set to be beautiful today with nice warm Summer sunshine,until the sun dips then it will feel like Winter again i'm sure.

I can't make tonight because of work,but i hope miracles do happen and the Stars pull off a win against all odds(in the famous words of SS:wink:)

Spot on. That's how I see it as well.

Lynn's reserves and engine room haven't started to well in any league yet, and with no back up for Robert I can only see it going Poole's way. On a plus point can see Erik bagging a few points tonight, otherwise it could well be wider than 42-48 ish.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Stars look a under performing team can only see a pirates win early season so anything can happen 

Hopefully a Pirates win but Kings Lynn riders may up their game at home, could be close win either way and I hope better racing than the last time I was there. I will be going so see you there any Pirates fans that are making the long trip.

Being early in the season, it is difficult to predict how things will go - If KL ride like they did last week, they will get beaten at home.  However, if they have sorted out the gremlins and blown away the cobwebs then they may just edge a narrow home win.

I have a feeling that the pie rats will win though

Best get there early tonight, first time charges for car parking. What a fiasco that's going to be.

Think it will be close. Lynn are at home and have riders who know their way around. I reckon 4 points either way.