British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

The question is irrelevant, Riss is the better rider of the two. Would rather have Riss for the back end of the meeting than his programme rides done by heat 10.

Once Riss was done it heat 10 the result was a formality. Should be riding at 3 or 4.

6 of the Poole team got a heat win and Covatti got two paid wins. Looked like Pirates were misfiring a little but to be expected for the first meeting. Tougher tests ahead. Well done boys.

• Like 1

Sure is a strange world we live in.   When I voice a concern early on about the quality of this team, I was accused and rubbished for always being negative.   It appears everybody is now feeling the same way, and  it seems OK to say these things  now.     Strange world, strange people....

• Like 2

Well done Poole.  I expect a good 20 point win at  your gaff.

Lambo has problems !! Must be bikes, but from his 2 meetings so far as averaged 2.66.That will turn around.. Erik and TJ did well tonight, but for me the Stars have problems, already.. I don't like to beat the drum so early, but there is no back up for Robert. Ok Erik scored well as I said he would, but you can't expect a 6 point rider to do it week in week out. Even if Lambo had scored more, Lynn are at home and would of struggled. They were the best away team last season, I think it was 16 points! I feel Lynn has suffered due to Buster saving the league for another year. I can't see the current Lynn side getting a point away and will get beat or run close at home.

It seems like Busters " We want to build on 2018 and go 1 step better" went out of the window, after he bought 2 more clubs.

how was the racing? maybe buster is listening and trying to improve that?

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

I didn't go. I pick my meetings, and i'm not parting with my cash until things improve.

17 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Sure is a strange world we live in.   When I voice a concern early on about the quality of this team, I was accused and rubbished for always being negative.   It appears everybody is now feeling the same way, and  it seems OK to say these things  now.     Strange world, strange people....

It’s always been a poor team.

19 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Racing wasn't great. Two passes all meeting. Stars are a poor team, I have changed my mind on giving Anderson a chance. Get rid of him now he was dreadful tonight. Sign Stefan Nielsen in his place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

Can only see a Poole win here by around 10 points.

Be nice if against the odds Kings Lynn could win this

Easy prediction 

• Like 1

What on earth were Buster and Dale thinking when they included Andersen in the team. He was awful last year and will be awful this year. Totally out of his depth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Its early yet, but I was another one that thought the team was weak. Buster is no mug, and knows a good side.. Seems to me Lynn got pushed to the side after he bought 2 more clubs. No back up for Lambo and a reserve who averaged 2.55 on a 4.00.. I was at P&P and Kasper looked very tense on the bike, and didn't seem to keen to go out. He looked so timid in the pits. I know it's early, but it don't need a good speedway brain to see Lynn could be in trouble before the season started.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Its early yet, but I was another one that thought the team was weak. Buster is no mug, and knows a good side.. Seems to me Lynn got pushed to the side after he bought 2 more clubs. No back up for Lambo and a reserve who averaged 2.55 on a 4.00.. I was at P&P and Kasper looked very tense on the bike, and didn't seem to keen to go out. He looked so timid in the pits.

Having attended the meeting tonight and having provided only 4 heat winners ( 3 by Riss) then alarm bells start to ring. Unfortunately even at this early stage it is obvious that Andersen is not upto the quality required at this level. Robert will presumably sort his bikes out but this will not be enough for us to have any chance of picking up points away from home. Early days I know, however let's hope the management have the courage to make changes when required. Poole are certainly masters of that and they have the trophy cabinet to back it up.

Possibility too of replacing both Proctor and Andersen for me. Solid replacements and push Kerr back down to reserve, has to be the only way forward for me.