British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

9 minutes ago, KLFAN said:

Having attended the meeting tonight and having provided only 4 heat winners ( 3 by Riss) then alarm bells start to ring. Unfortunately even at this early stage it is obvious that Andersen is not upto the quality required at this level. Robert will presumably sort his bikes out but this will not be enough for us to have any chance of picking up points away from home. Early days I know, however let's hope the management have the courage to make changes when required. Poole are certainly masters of that and they have the trophy cabinet to back it up.

I knew that months ago. But was deemed negative. Simon Lambert for Kasper would free up 1 point . Hans, Harris, Morris, Kenny for Ty might of made the difference. I'm not picking on Ty. Auty and S. Lambert at reserve would allow Kenny, Morris for TJ I think as well as Ty.( off the top of my head)

You either want to compete or win it.Pretty sure if Buster didn't buy another 2 clubs Lynn would have a stronger team

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Jedd List is available :)

Brahms and List :blink: Pee off Taps:P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hel'n'Back said:

How many competetive meetings have Kings Lynn had?

2, But the writing is on the wall

OK, don't think you are giving the lads enough time to settle but am happy with the performances of Ty and Kasper at Sheffield!

• Like 1

I see the idea of Riss at 2. If lambert gets going then you have a solid 2 up front to get a large amount of points early. Why Poole use Josh G at 2. 

The lack of a number 5 is KL big issue. It’s a lot of pressure on Riss to deliver every time right now! 

Having supported Lynn for more years than I care to remember, the team situation this year has come as no surprise..   Fans have to understand that we are not usually born winners and have excepted that for years.  All the noise about going one better than last year is silly talk. Last year was an exception, although it was ours for the taking,  even then everyone conspired against us to lose.   We need to forget it, its gone. we are back to our normal place. 

It was always on the cards that this year, we again,  will be also rans.  Every TOM DICK and HARRY  who follow speedway are aware of that, no doubt Buster is as well.   But it doesn't matter.   Us mugs will continue to go  paying out decent monies watching a team without a hope in hell of winning.   

That is Kings Lynn Speedway......

• Like 1

Hoi! You forgot about the DENNIS's. I have been following the Stars since they moved from Norwich ( and since Ove Fundin pushed his bike from Thorpe Station up to the Firs  -he must have been fit )! I was even going to be mug enough to go last night but neither of my regular chauffers were going so I had to suffer it on Updates.

You are right, last year was an exception and we are in our former role of also-rans. Last year was our Worky year! But we could not cross over the line.

That is King's Lynn Speedway.....

Riss and MPT jumped the gate so far our rides and the crowd thought it would be pulled back by the time they were at the first bend our riders were several bike lengths behind even the home fans were saying how the hell have they got away with that. One of our riders can't remember who got a warning for moving at the gate so maybe that was why Durno let it go but home fans near me didn't see our rider move and nor did i. 

Edited by foreverblue

11 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Whats up with Robert ? ended up having a decent meeting in Lubin yesterday after a slow start . Started poorly again for Lynn tonight following on gfrom ippo away .Hopefully just teething problems or is there more to it ? 

was he running in his spokes ,  lost his pills ,testing engines or set up, head swollen in off season and pressuring on helmet, every one else has stepped up ,running off shelf parts and engines ?  robert is avoiding the press and only time will tell

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Jedd List is available :)

Get the lad in! He cannot do less than Kasper and is going to do as well as Simon Lambert, who is past his best, Fresh new capable faces please ( capable of improving that is ).

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, g13webb said:

Sure is a strange world we live in.   When I voice a concern early on about the quality of this team, I was accused and rubbished for always being negative.   It appears everybody is now feeling the same way, and  it seems OK to say these things  now.     Strange world, strange people....

Blooming heck Webby. You are a man of mature years and stable temperament. You should have long ago sussed it that we do live in a strange world and with some strange people. Speaking the truth is often unwelcome to those who have delusions ( or their own agenda ).

• Haha 1

It’s a long old season, don’t give up on The Stars just yet.  Wait a couple of weeks.:D

• Haha 1

Craig Cook still available.