British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

It was a healthy crowd, but not as large as I thought it would be.  Next Monday will be better against Ipswich I would have thought.   

5 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

It was a healthy crowd, but not as large as I thought it would be.  Next Monday will be better against Ipswich I would have thought.   

So long as the weather looks set fair Id imagine there will be a large Witches contingent

Just like the old days........ :t:

Buster don’t have to worry about spending his hard earned on a competitive team.  He can still turn a decent profit on all the local Derby’s that will attract plenty of visitors to cover the poor crowds for the other fixtures.  

No mug is he ?  As he once said ...  you know where the door is.  Wise man that Buster, wish I’d taken notice of him years back.  Still better late than neve.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Buster don’t have to worry about spending his hard earned on a competitive team.  He can still turn a decent profit on all the local Derby’s that will attract plenty of visitors to cover the poor crowds for the other fixtures.  

No mug is he ?  As he once said ...  you know where the door is.  Wise man that Buster, wish I’d taken notice of him years back.  Still better late than neve.

To be fair if he is spending the right amount to keep his head above water I don’t think anyone can knock him, I read the Chris Morton article in the star the other week and it’s clear Belle Vue are losing a lot of money each year, how long that continues is anyone’s guess but a halt will be called at some point.

Riders need to understand that the money just isn’t there anymore (Cooks a classic example) just how many clubs have to go bust before it dawns on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll wait a couple more meetings before calling for changes. Was a decent meeting. Shame about the result. Riss Jorgensen and Kerr did their jobs. You could tell we were a little rusty though. 

• Like 1

The Stars current problems are at positions 1- 3-4 -7. Lambert will sort his problems out at no 1. Riss  and TJ should be moved to other positions in the team. Ty moved to no 2 Kerr to reserve and replace Andersen, he is just a liability on an 4.00 average.

Two half decent races for £18 on a chilly night didn’t feel like particularly good VFM especially when the team lost. Not an awful lot wrong from numbers 2-6 but the number one and seven aren’t doing the required job at the moment, one of those riders will obviously come good once machinery is sorted but you wonder if the other has it in him to pull his weight. Still early days so the benefit of the doubt must go to him for a few more meetings yet. 

Poole were decent value for their win although ten points was a bit flattering considering how tight things were for thirteen heats. Lots of rusty men and machines on show for both sides and a fairly flat atmosphere, sometimes it feels like a social occasion where people meet for a chat and a beer / tea / coffee with some incidental speedway going on in the background. Not a lot of rider / crowd interaction but a pretty healthy attendance judging by the car parks. 

Hoping for better on all fronts next week against those pesky Twitches. 

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

I’ll wait a couple more meetings before calling for changes. Was a decent meeting. Shame about the result. Riss Jorgensen and Kerr did their jobs. You could tell we were a little rusty though. 

Kerr did his Job! He was rubbish. Poole riders were not exactly on fire especially Jack early on although neither was Lambert.

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I wondered cos of all the negativity around the team. Given last nights result all the local derbies might be needed to counteract poor crowds for the other fixtures.

Edited by Star Lady

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

The only Stars rider that done his job was Riss. The rest of the team were very ordinary, with Kasper being worse than that. 

• Like 2

Compelling question obviously is, is the track photographer an improvement on last season ?:blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Two half decent races for £18 on a chilly night didn’t feel like particularly good VFM especially when the team lost. Not an awful lot wrong from numbers 2-6 but the number one and seven aren’t doing the required job at the moment, one of those riders will obviously come good once machinery is sorted but you wonder if the other has it in him to pull his weight. Still early days so the benefit of the doubt must go to him for a few more meetings yet. 

Poole were decent value for their win although ten points was a bit flattering considering how tight things were for thirteen heats. Lots of rusty men and machines on show for both sides and a fairly flat atmosphere, sometimes it feels like a social occasion where people meet for a chat and a beer / tea / coffee with some incidental speedway going on in the background. Not a lot of rider / crowd interaction but a pretty healthy attendance judging by the car parks. 

Hoping for better on all fronts next week against those pesky Twitches. 

Finally something sensible.

I don't grasp all those naysayers claiming this meeting proved them right about Kings Lynn. Most of the side scored well. You cannot legislate for your No 1, an out and out No 1 at that, only scoring 4pts. He should be scoring 13-14 at home. Had he done so, Kings Lynn have a fairly comfortable win.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

I wasn't there, but the speedway update site shows that Erik did his job and then some, TJ was solid and did his job, but Lewis score of 4 from 4 rides don't look good on paper..But as I said I wasn't there. It is early days and I think Lewis will need more meetings under his belt after that long lay off. 

27 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Finally something sensible.

I don't grasp all those naysayers claiming this meeting proved them right about Kings Lynn. Most of the side scored well. You cannot legislate for your No 1, an out and out No 1 at that, only scoring 4pts. He should be scoring 13-14 at home. Had he done so, Kings Lynn have a fairly comfortable win.

I guess time will tell. It was a good job our 6 point rider Erik Riss scored 11 and won 3 races out of Lynns 4 race wins, otherwise it would be worse. As for most of the riders scored well, we had

Lambo 4 from 4 rides

Ty 5 from 4 rides, from a 6.67 av rider, and at home.

Lewis 4 from 4 rides... has a 5.36 average

Kasper 0 on an assessed 4

I know it's early days and it seems harsh at this stage of the season,but just replying to your comment that most of the side scored well. Theres 4 there that you could argue didn't ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke