British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

32 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Finally something sensible.

I don't grasp all those naysayers claiming this meeting proved them right about Kings Lynn. Most of the side scored well. You cannot legislate for your No 1, an out and out No 1 at that, only scoring 4pts. He should be scoring 13-14 at home. Had he done so, Kings Lynn have a fairly comfortable win.

Kings Lynn would not have won easily if Lambert had scored 13 , Poole should have won more easily , if Jack had scored what he should have Poole would have won by a lot more, particularly impressed with NBJ looks a good signing.

Going by the away meeting at foxhole and last night v Poole- Thursday night away at Poole is going to be very difficult meeting for the Stars 

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I guess time will tell. It was a good job our 6 point rider Erik Riss scored 11 and won 3 races out of Lynns 4 race wins, otherwise it would be worse. As for most of the riders scored well, we had

Lambo 4 from 4 rides

Ty 5 from 4 rides, from a 6.67 av rider, and at home.

Lewis 4 from 4 rides... has a 5.36 average

Kasper 0 on an assessed 4

I know it's early days and it seems harsh at this stage of the season,but just replying to your comment that most of the side scored well. Theres 4 there that you could argue didn't ;)

I've already stated Lambert was the problem.

The others were close to what you would expect. Some meetings they might get 4, others they'll get 7 or 8. They are middle order, inconsistent by nature.

If your big hitting no 1 only scores 4, you are massively up against it from the start.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Kings Lynn would not have won easily if Lambert had scored 13 , Poole should have won more easily , if Jack had scored what he should have Poole would have won by a lot more, particularly impressed with NBJ looks a good signing.

Yes they would. 

Holder did about as expected score wise.. 7.39 rider, now riding at No 1.. against a Kings Lynn team pretty solid in the middle order. There is none of them you can 100% say he should be beating pretty much every time.

Lambert is a different kettle of fish. An out and out No 1 whose job role is to score big. Any time a side built in that fashion has their top dog under perform so much they are in trouble.

• Like 2

Kerr was fast and competitive in his first two then having a good scrap while holding third when he went wide and lost ground in his third race before being outgated in heat 14. He was ok but will want to be scoring more than that at home and I’m sure he will. 

Thought Jorgensen rode pretty well. Proctor and MPT were ok but need to do a bit more and Riss was obviously excellent. As Bwitcher says a normal score from Lambert and we’d have won but in any event Poole will / would win over two legs. 

Just don’t think it’s all doom and gloom although Kasper is a bit of a concern as he looked no better round Lynn than a year ago. Next week’s result is likely to tell us an awful lot. 

Edited by Bagpuss

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You are one of the better Poole posters fb and have been for some years but occasionally I do wonder which planet you are posting from.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You cant be comparing Jack Holder to Robert Lambert surely?

Poole have built a 1-7 that is solid with no number one. 

Jack Holder scored 6 away from home which is roughly what you would expect maybe 1 or 2 points more

Robert Lambert scored 4.......you would expect 13 plus from him at home.

Jack Holder scored roughly what was expected and Robert Lambert didnt.......Lamberts poor form cost Lynn a chance of the meeting.

We have a number one in Chris Harris who would be expecting 7-9 most away meetings , in a similar bracket to Jack Holder who also isnt an out and out number one.

Were you seriously expecting a double figure score from Jack Holder?

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Jack Holder scored 6 away from home which is roughly what you would expect maybe 1 or 2 points more

Jack Holder scored roughly what was expected and Robert Lambert didnt.......Lamberts poor form cost Lynn a chance of the meeting.

We have a number one in Chris Harris who would be expecting 7-9 most away meetings , in a similar bracket to Jack Holder who also isnt an out and out number one.

Agree with Gavan. 

Holder/Kurtz probs expected to get 9/10 at most per meeting and the way our team is set up they just need to get that. 

Doyle and Batch need to get 10-15 a meeting and well Lambert might need to get 15 a meeting. Once Riss goes to 5 he will not be getting 11 points a meeting. 

16 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Agree with Gavan. 

Holder/Kurtz probs expected to get 9/10 at most per meeting and the way our team is set up they just need to get that. 

Doyle and Batch need to get 10-15 a meeting and well Lambert might need to get 15 a meeting. Once Riss goes to 5 he will not be getting 11 points a meeting. 

agree it will jack one meeting and brady another top scorer. to early yet to judge  I hope its jack year to kick on 

If Lambert would've got an extra 6 points to get 10 no matter how bad the other riders were you would've won last night. Small margins but thats how it is when you go for a big hitter 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

With their respective ability I can see Jack and Brady getting double figures in most meetings.

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

agree it will jack one meeting and brady another top scorer. to early yet to judge  I hope its jack year to kick on 

I think Jack is still feeling that foot injury and took him a few rides to find the set up. I think now him and Brady have done the first year in Poland it should get better. 

Having Chris in the pits will help. As riders go he certainly knows the quickest way around poole 

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Yes they would. 

Holder did about as expected score wise.. 7.39 rider, now riding at No 1.. against a Kings Lynn team pretty solid in the middle order. There is none of them you can 100% say he should be beating pretty much every time.

Lambert is a different kettle of fish. An out and out No 1 whose job role is to score big. Any time a side built in that fashion has their top dog under perform so much they are in trouble.

I would expect Lambert to outscore Jack and Brady but if you were there as I was you realise how poor jack was in the early races

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Yes they would. 

Holder is a lot better than what he showed last night, in his first 3 races he was very poor. I would expect him to get 10 even if Lambert was on form and the same goes for Brady. The result was not all about Lambert being poor, Andersen got zero, Kerr got 4.

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Finally something sensible.

I don't grasp all those naysayers claiming this meeting proved them right about Kings Lynn. Most of the side scored well. You cannot legislate for your No 1, an out and out No 1 at that, only scoring 4pts. He should be scoring 13-14 at home. Had he done so, Kings Lynn have a fairly comfortable win.

That was more than he scored at Ipswich I think.  His scoring is crucial for them and on the evidence of these two meetings he isn't an out and out No.1, as you assess.