British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

Just now, SPEEDY69 said:

That was more than he scored at Ipswich I think.  His scoring is crucial for them and on the evidence of these two meetings he isn't an out and out No.1, as you assess.

I haven't assessed anything.

He's been signed as an out and out No 1, a 9.82 average including bonus. He is the 2nd highest averaging rider in the league and well above the rider in 3rd. You can't really get a more 'out and out No 1', bar Jason Doyle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I haven't assessed anything.

He's been signed as an out and out No 1, a 9.82 average including bonus. He is the 2nd highest averaging rider in the league and well above the rider in 3rd. You can't really get a more 'out and out No 1', bar Jason Doyle.

He is an out and out number 1. 

But something about Lambert just doesn’t worry me. I think it’s his lack of back up. 

Doyle has Batch 

Fricke has Bjerre

tungate has Hans 

harris has Lawson. 

But lambert has TJ who really is a bang average rider. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

You cant be comparing Jack Holder to Robert Lambert surely?

Poole have built a 1-7 that is solid with no number one. 

Jack Holder scored 6 away from home which is roughly what you would expect maybe 1 or 2 points more

Robert Lambert scored 4.......you would expect 13 plus from him at home.

Jack Holder scored roughly what was expected and Robert Lambert didnt.......Lamberts poor form cost Lynn a chance of the meeting.

We have a number one in Chris Harris who would be expecting 7-9 most away meetings , in a similar bracket to Jack Holder who also isnt an out and out number one.

Were you seriously expecting a double figure score from Jack Holder?

Jack scored one point from his first 3 rides. I would expect at least 6 from those rides and at least 10 overall. Lambert got paid 7. Can't see how KL would have won the meeting easily as has been said by some. They may have won but it would have been close. 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

He is an out and out number 1. 

But something about Lambert just doesn’t worry me. I think it’s his lack of back up. 

Doyle has Batch 

Fricke has Bjerre

tungate has Hans 

harris has Lawson. 

But lambert has TJ who really is a bang average rider. 

And Poole have Brady and Jack both decent heat leaders 

This nonsense that Lambert scoring 13 (9 more points) would have won the meeting is ridiculous. Here's why.

Heat 1, Lambert 2+1. 4 point swing 42-48

Heat 6, Lambert 3, Riss 1. 2 point swing 43-47

Heat 10, as is, no result change there. 43-47

Heat 13, Lambert 3, Jorgensen 1. 2 point swing 44-46.

What would of happened in heat 15 would be pure guess work but say he was in the heat and he won, Riss would have been in and he fell so 3-3. 4 point swing 46-44. A 2 point win for the Stars, not really an improvement over a 2 leg meeting.

So prior to heat 15 Lambert would have been 11+1, but Riss would have only been 8+2 rather than 11 and Jorgensen 7+1 rather than 8+1.

All in all, over a 2 leg meeting not good enough. 

Andersen is a poor poor poor signing. The middle order doesn't have that strength in depth from 2-5 and Palm-Toft is a reserve and nothing else, not strong enough in that position to have 6-7 rides to cover others.

These first 2 meetings have made things very clear. There's no backup for Lambert and Palm-Toft can't make up for Andersen.

• Thanks 1

Two leg meeting? 

I thought it was a mini league. 

Who does the winner of this tie go on to meet, Ipswich or Swindon?

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

This nonsense that Lambert scoring 13 (9 more points) would have won the meeting is ridiculous. Here's why.

What would of happened in heat 15 would be pure guess work but say he was in the heat and he won, Riss would have been in and he fell so 3-3. 4 point swing 46-44. A 2 point win for the Stars, not really an improvement over a 2 leg meeting.

So prior to heat 15 Lambert would have been 11+1, but Riss would have only been 8+2 rather than 11 and Jorgensen 7+1 rather than 8+1.

Andersen is a poor poor poor signing. The middle order doesn't have that strength in depth from 2-5 and Palm-Toft is a reserve and nothing else, not strong enough in that position to have 6-7 rides to cover others.

These first 2 meetings have made things very clear. There's no backup for Lambert and Palm-Toft can't make up for Andersen.

palm toft form not that good in the championship 

Just now, ouch said:

Two leg meeting? 

I thought it was a mini league. 

Who does the winner of this tie go on to meet, Ipswich or Swindon?

different this he premiership shield

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Its nonsense that Lambert scoring 13 (9 more points) would have won the meeting is ridiculous. Here's why.

It was clear to some, weeks even months ago  ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

A 2 point win for the Stars, not really an improvement over a 2 leg meeting.

A 2pt win for the Stars he says.. "Not really an improvement"

That's a new one to me. 

I'd always considered a 2pt win better than a 10pt loss but hey ho, I live and learn.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

A 2pt win for the Stars he says.. "Not really an improvement"

That's a new one to me. 

I'd always considered a 2pt win better than a 10pt loss but hey ho, I live and learn.

We ain't going to get anywhere near Poole in the 2nd leg. To of stood a chance we needed a 10-12 point win minimum. 

A 2 point win, we may as well of been done 75-15. Overall over 2 legs a 1 point win is as good as a thrashing at home.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

I think Jack is still feeling that foot injury and took him a few rides to find the set up. I think now him and Brady have done the first year in Poland it should get better. 

Having Chris in the pits will help. As riders go he certainly knows the quickest way around poole 

Jack had bike issues in his first 2 rides - nothing to do with a foot injury.  In normal circumstances i would expect him to get double figures.

All the negativity about the Stars after just one home meeting I find a little surprising?!  But I bet they looked nice and professional in their team kevlars...........!! :party:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ray c said:

different this he premiership shield

Ah, sorry. I didn’t realise as I thought Wolves were always in that. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That was more than he scored at Ipswich I think.  His scoring is crucial for them and on the evidence of these two meetings he isn't an out and out No.1, as you assess.

A whole season from 2018 proves that he is. 2nd in the overall averages with only Doyle higher.

You would struggle to find a more out and out number one if you tried.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

A whole season from 2018 proves that he is. 2nd in the overall averages with only Doyle higher.

You would struggle to find a more out and out number one if you tried.

That's one season, an out and out No1 has to consistent year in year out. Last year may have been just one of those purple patches. Not likely though, I'm sure Robert will be back up there soon.