British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Poole Mon 8/4/19 Prem Shield 1st leg

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's one season, an out and out No1 has to consistent year in year out. Last year may have been just one of those purple patches. Not likely though, I'm sure Robert will be back up there soon.

Absolutely. My comment was a little tongue in cheek but in my view it is about consistency and not an average from one season. Not that I've looked at past history but 'out and out' no. 1s I can think of rarely dipped below double figures in a meeting and never in 2 meetings running. 

He will no doubt come good again he wasn't crowned British Champ for nothing but his start is a worry for Stars fans. 

10 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Absolutely. My comment was a little tongue in cheek but in my view it is about consistency and not an average from one season. Not that I've looked at past history but 'out and out' no. 1s I can think of rarely dipped below double figures in a meeting and never in 2 meetings running. 

He will no doubt come good again he wasn't crowned British Champ for nothing but his start is a worry for Stars fans. 

I think the jump to Extraliga is a big one and a hell of a lot of pressure to put on a rider. 

Taking that final jump before GPs big step. 

Who could really blame Robert if he's using the UK for extra spending money abroad. 

This year I'm sure he'll be pushing for SGP 2020 qualification, SEC to compete in, Ekstraliga and Elitserien. Plus no doubt Bundesliga is on his fixture list, possibly Metal Speedway League too.

He's a very busy boy in 2019

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Who could really blame Robert if he's using the UK for extra spending money abroad. 

This year I'm sure he'll be pushing for SGP 2020 qualification, SEC to compete in, Ekstraliga and Elitserien. Plus no doubt Bundesliga is on his fixture list, possibly Metal Speedway League too.

He's a very busy boy in 2019

He's dropped Denmark this year but yeah doing some racing in Germany, UK, Pol and Sweden... 

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

A 2pt win for the Stars he says.. "Not really an improvement"

That's a new one to me. 

I'd always considered a 2pt win better than a 10pt loss but hey ho, I live and learn.

But you said with Lambert scoring 13-14 Kings Lynn would have won easily, a 2 point win is a close win not an easy win.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But you said with Lambert scoring 13-14 Kings Lynn would have won easily, a 2 point win is a close win not an easy win.

I stand by it.

The No 1 is the leader. If he is under performing it effects the whole side.

If he's doing his job it can lift the rest of the team.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I stand by it.

The No 1 is the leader. If he is under performing it effects the whole side.

If he's doing his job it can lift the rest of the team.

Oh so Andersen and Kerr suddenly get good scores because Lambert rides better!  

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes.

Good leaders are infectious and get results from people who generally would fall away. 

That applies in many walks of life and from a speedway stand point, it creates a team. Good teams get good results and that always starts at the top.

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's one season, an out and out No1 has to consistent year in year out. Last year may have been just one of those purple patches. Not likely though, I'm sure Robert will be back up there soon.

He's just a kid, to have any period of consistency to back up that type of argument will take many more seasons before we have an answer.

Robert is an out and out number 1 with a huge ceiling, he will only get better but unfortunately that won't be in the UK for us to see it.

• Like 1

Just now, acef said:

He's just a kid, to have any period of consistency to back up that type of argument will take many more seasons before we have an answer.

Robert is an out and out number 1 with a huge ceiling, he will only get better but unfortunately that won't be in the UK for us to see it.

I agree, next season I believe will be his last UK season unless Poland's bubble bursts or until his early to mid 30's.

Saying that, like many "Superstar" rider's before, he ends up being not all that by his mid 20's.

There's just no way of knowing where someone's career will end up.

Someone has to be a legend and another an also ran.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If your No 1 and leader is going well it inspires confidence. 

It also allows him to perhaps spend more time encouraging and passing tips on to other riders. If things are going badly, he'll have his own problems to deal with and the rest of the team can be somewhat rudderless.

That's basics surely!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

If your No 1 and leader is going well it inspires confidence. 

It also allows him to perhaps spend more time encouraging and passing tips on to other riders. If things are going badly, he'll have his own problems to deal with and the rest of the team can be somewhat rudderless.

That's basics surely!

agree you only got to look at Swindon a couple of years ago when they were tipped for the wooden spoon . they had doyle as there talisman and won the league would they have won it with a lesser no 1 no

9 hours ago, acef said:

Yes.

Good leaders are infectious and get results from people who generally would fall away. 

That applies in many walks of life and from a speedway stand point, it creates a team. Good teams get good results and that always starts at the top.

Yes I agree to a point but the riders have to have the ability and I don't think Lambert is that type of inspirational captain, I can't see their scores improving that much even if Lambert had got a good score, as it was he scored paid 7 which is probably only 6 less than he should have got, also Jack only got 1 from his first 3 rides so that is not representative of his ability either.

Edited by foreverblue

9 hours ago, acef said:

Yes.

They need the ability to get good scores, the bottom half of this Kings Lynn team is poor.

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree to a point but the riders have to have the ability and I don't think Lambert is that type of inspirational captain, I can't see their scores improving that much even if Lambert had got a good score, as it was he scored paid 7 which is probably only 6 less than he should have got, also Jack only got 1 from his first 3 rides so that is not representative of his ability either.

Paid 7 means nothing its his actual points scored that is important.