British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The H Man

Somerset v Birmingham CS 10/4

Been a good while since I started a topic on the BSF - but as I am in the Bristol area on Weds, I am planning to head down to the OTA for this match.  Always enjoyed visits in the past, I'm sure this one will be equally as enjoyable.  

Tough meeting for the Brummie boys on paper there heat leaders are superior to ours so hopefully we can bash them up at reserve to keep it respectable .

51-39 my prediction.

Feel like this is a hiding to nothing for Brum but equally hard to gauge anything from. If Schlein & Harris don't go through the card then they have had mechanical problems. Will be a tough test for the home reserves though and will provide a little indication of the direction the Rebels season is heading in. Ive been hard on Paco but he has done well so far and will be interesting to see how Grobbelaar gets on as there have been encouraging noises about him where in straight contrast i couldn't care less how Todd Kurtz stagnates for yet another season. Fingers crossed whatever the scoreline that one of the countries best race tracks produces some decent entertainment for those present.

Should be a Decent win for the Rebels but not massive as first competitive meeting as a team. Schlein, Harris and Nico shouldn't have too much trouble tbh and the reserves know the track way better than the Brummie pairing. Kurtz should have the beating of Thomsen. Wajtknecht however is one to look out for. 

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Damage limitation against Harris Schlein and Covatti

Don't much rate Kurtz and the German is a complete unknown and I think our reserves will eat theirs, so mixed feelings.

I'd be happy to get closer than we did at Eastbourne but doubt we will as think we caught Eastbourne on a night when Morley and Bowtell were learning the track and Wood looked very nervous and under-powered compared to his NL form

55 - 35 my prediction tonight.

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

Start of meeting delayed.   Lady in crowd Poorly or injured in crowd.   Waiting for ambulance to transfer from St. John’s.  

52-38 ? hardly the mauling the so called experts predicted ? If we're the weakest team in the league and Somerset are predicted to win it, then its going to be a close championship.

Gate 1 was the biggest advantage tonight and Somerset won the toss and had the lions share of that!

Well done Paco....yet again!

Great reserve switch by Bossman in heat 8 ! :t:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

52-38 ? hardly the mauling the so called experts predicted ? If we're the weakest team in the league and Somerset are predicted to win it, then its going to be a close championship.

Gate 1 was the biggest advantage tonight and Somerset won the toss and had the lions share of that!

Don’t think Somerset are favourites to win the League .

48 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

14 points? That's not a mauling? First meeting this season too for a few of our riders and two riders scored nearly half of your points. 

10 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

14 points? That's not a mauling? First meeting this season too for a few of our riders and two riders scored nearly half of your points. 

Somerset have some tail there ....Kurtz is well beatable , mid table finish unless changes are made through the season , strong in heats 13 & 15 will that be enough :unsure:

How far adrift were Rowe & Thomsen if they were? It has to be said that the number 6 rides are far harder than the number 7 so the disparity between Atkins & Rowe's scores are not always reflective of the match itself.

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

How far adrift were Rowe & Thomsen if they were? It has to be said that the number 6 rides are far harder than the number 7 so the disparity between Atkins & Rowe's scores are not always reflective of the match itself.

Thomsen was a long way back in his firsttwo, bit closer in his third - was t/s in final ride

Rowe broke tapes in heat 2 but wasn't far off the pace thereafter.  Very impressed by Atkins.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Thomsen was a long way back in his firsttwo, bit closer in his third - was t/s in final ride

Rowe broke tapes in heat 2 but wasn't far off the pace thereafter.  Very impressed by Atkins.

I did wonder if the early tapes infringement would have unsettled Anders and hampered him throughout the night. Henry has probably done more laps of the OTA than any other rider on show and is wise enough to ask & get assistance with setups from the more experienced riders so i expect him to score well at home quite often this season.