Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Gambo

ACU Sidecar Series 2019 (Speedway Stadium Events)

Recommended Posts

The ACU 1000cc Sidecar Series starts at the Isle Of Wight on 1st June.

Round 2 is scheduled for Somerset on 28th of June with Round 3 at Leicester on 19th July.

The venue and date for the final round will be confirmed shortly.

Leicester also stage an Open Championship Sidecar meeting this Saturday (13th April).

18 Championship races plus 5 Support races all for just a Tenner!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 3:17 PM, Gambo said:

The ACU 1000cc Sidecar Series starts at the Isle Of Wight on 1st June.

Round 2 is scheduled for Somerset on 28th of June with Round 3 at Leicester on 19th July.

The venue and date for the final round will be confirmed shortly.

Leicester also stage an Open Championship Sidecar meeting this Saturday (13th April).

18 Championship races plus 5 Support races all for just a Tenner!

Last night's meeting sounds like a good one. I was unable to go but look forward to at least one of the other meetings mentioned above.

One question. Round 3 of the championship is scheduled for Leicester on 19th July? That's a Friday. I can't find confirmation of that date and was just wondering as the Saturday is available and Leicester now run on a Saturday. Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, False dawn said:

Last night's meeting sounds like a good one. I was unable to go but look forward to at least one of the other meetings mentioned above.

One question. Round 3 of the championship is scheduled for Leicester on 19th July? That's a Friday. I can't find confirmation of that date and was just wondering as the Saturday is available and Leicester now run on a Saturday. Thanks for your help.

Those are the dates I was given, but I have no idea as to the reason behind the Friday staging at Leicester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that the sidecar meeting scheduled for this Friday at Leicester has been postponed. It sounds like the venue has become unavailable:

https://www.acu.org.uk/News/2019/07/ACU-British-Sidecar-Speedway-Round-3-Cancelled/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2019 British Sidecar Speedway Championship was won again by Mark Cossar, - his 5th national title.
Partnered this season by Gareth Williams, Cossar won the 3rd and Final round of the official ACU competition at Somerset, (the Leicester-cum-Kings Lynn round was cancelled,) with an unbeaten score, for a total of 43 pts overall, (11,16,16.)
2nd place went to Mick Cave & Bradley Steer, (11,14,13 =38pts);
3rd was Paul Whitelam & Alan Elliott after a run-off with Will Penfold & Ricky Pay, each having totalled 35 points.
2019-Scar-Chmpshp.jpg


http://www.speedwaychampions.com/sidecar-champions.php

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'Masters of Manchester' open meeting is being scheduled for Belle Vue on Saturday 12th October.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 11:11 AM, Gambo said:

The 'Masters of Manchester' open meeting is being scheduled for Belle Vue on Saturday 12th October.

Did the Belle Vue meeting take place. Not only was it mentioned on the BSF but extensively on the Facebook as 'due to take place.' So far I have not seen any result and wondered if it had been affected by wet weather?

Edited by gustix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, gustix said:

Did the Belle Vue meeting take place. Not only was it mentioned on the BSF but extensively on the Facebook as 'due to take place.' So far I have not seen any result and wondered if it had been affected by wet weather?

 

On 10/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, Duane said:

Sidecar speedway GB have the results & some videos on Facebook 

Congratulations to Mark Cossar/Carl Blyth on an unbeaten night. 
Thanks to the Mark Lemon and all at Manchester Racing for promoting the event. A special thanks to the track staff for preparing what was the ultimate racing surface for Sidecar Speedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm led to believe that Belle Vue have already said that they want to host next season's Series Final Round. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy