British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

Pride of the potteries

This meeting looks like my idea of Speedway hell with a huge gulf in class, barely a rider i like/rate in the line up and being held at Stoke (the worlds most welcoming club). I wouldn't attend if i was air dropped outside Gloomer Road and handed a free ticket. 

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

This meeting looks like my idea of Speedway hell with a huge gulf in class, barely a rider i like/rate in the line up and being held at Stoke (the worlds most welcoming club). I wouldn't attend if i was air dropped outside Gloomer Road and handed a free ticket. 

Take it you're not a fan then?

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Say it as you feel Sings, don't dance around the subject :)

How many heats are there?.  Thanks

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Everyone is welcome to their opinion. That is yours. 

You won't be missed on Saturday, that is mine.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pete cc said:

Everyone is welcome to their opinion. That is yours. 

You won't be missed on Saturday, that is mine.

well I for one am looking forward to this one. it looks like ben barker should take it but one slip up or non finish will let in around half a dozen lads to nick it. think dave and the gang have put together a good field and a nice to see that he is giving some lads without a team place as yet a chance to catch the eye. weather looks favourable so all systems go for a good night. come on the potter boys.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:32 PM, proud panther said:

When Wallinger is is the top half, that is a very poor line up.

well after all the gripes to be fair this was a good meeting. track was excellent, started bang on time, racing was excellent with barker having to fight off several challenges. all the potters riders looked up to speed and even the lights stayed on so its a big well done to dave and his team and lets hope they keep up the good work through the season. also mr wallinger would have finished higher but for a silly exclusion for wearing the wrong helmet cover.

• Like 1

I was there too.

I thought the meeting was run in a very slick manner. No sooner had one race finished, riders were coming out for the next.

Good use of the downtime for track grading by interviewing Ben Barker on the centre green.

One or two riders were out of their depth and whilst not the best meeting I have ever seen, it certainly wasn't the worst and was well worth the admission.