British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE v SOMERSET 13th April

Looks like being a real battle between the heat leaders on Saturday.  Covatti  may struggle as I believe it is his first visit to the track but Harris and Schlein really go well here and with the Home trio looking good there should be some very interesting heats. 

Eagles should win by about 10 as their reserves were way ahead last year and Somerset's  '2nd strings' are also new to the track.

Good opportunity for Bowtell to get a few points and I have a feeling Brennan will get paid 10.

• Like 1

I thought Lawson and Kennett looked untouchable v Brummies, Kerr and Brennan impressive as well.

Yes Schlein and Harris are better than our Heat Leaders but may take a race or two to get the set up's worked out.

I am in London for a family reunion Saturday, might even try to get there as a speedway fan any chance to see "Bomber Harris" is a treat.

I can't make Somerset tonight due to work commitments. How Bomber rides Arlington will be worth the admission fee as there was plenty of passing on Saturday when Brummies were there and could be a great meeting for any neutral, place was buzzing last week, made Perry Barr seem very quiet.

You can well see heats 13 and 15 being something very special on Saturday.

• Like 3

Lawson and Kennet will go untouched the  tracks so hard to get dailed in and if your not in the right place you will get passed and Harris is not the best of gaters Eastbourne reserves will have the upper hand 

As a neutral I love it. It's technical but because of that you get lots of passing inside and out. It's usually very well prepared. It's a thinkers track and not just wind it on and ride the fence. Good riders can ride anywhere and usually do well there. Bomber i think will find lines round there no one else can and Schlein will do very well.

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Lawson and Kennet will go untouched the  tracks so hard to get dailed in and if your not in the right place you will get passed and Harris is not the best of gaters Eastbourne reserves will have the upper hand 

Looks a really attractive fixture.

Just a tad too cold for me at the moment :D

Heat leader trio battles will be something to behold however Rebels have the better second strings imho. Reserve battles will be good Wood and Brennan may be heat leaders but Rowe and Atkins are no slouches in the National league. 

Can see this being a very comfortable home win. 

Read somewhere that our Brummies Paco (Castagna) is riding in Italian Championships this weekend, would Covatti be in them as although Argentine born doesn't he ride on an Italian License and therefore mandated to fulfil Italian commitments??? - would weaken Rebels unless they get a top Guest.? 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Read somewhere that our Brummies Paco (Castagna) is riding in Italian Championships this weekend, would Covatti be in them as although Argentine born doesn't he ride on an Italian License and therefore mandated to fulfil Italian commitments??? - would weaken Rebels unless they get a top Guest.? 

He is, it's on the Eastbourne website. Justin Sedgmen is guesting in his place. Weakens the Rebels imo. 

Edited by SomersetBlue

3 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

He is, it's on the Eastbourne website. Justin Sedgmen is guesting in his place. Weakens the Rebels imo. 

SomersetBlue having to read news about his team on the Eastbourne Eagles website. Strange state of affairs.

21 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

SomersetBlue having to read news about his team on the Eastbourne Eagles website. Strange state of affairs.

You have a very good website and nice to see an independent (non AP Media) one.

56 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

In all fairness it's Eastbourne trying to drum up interest for a big crowd as they have never faced us before they have put two articles up about the same thing Bomber Harris. But yes it's annoying to have to read on another website. Although I will say the meeting updates on social media have improved massively.