British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE v SOMERSET 13th April

10 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I agree, poor meeting tonight in freezing conditions. I was glad when it finished.

Did say it was too cold for me,glad I did not go as sounded so one sided and not good Speedway.

41 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Exactly the reason I find Harris so frustrating and why it find it really confusing Somerset signing him, as he doesn’t fit the mould of rider we’ve traditionally signed. On his day and even at this stage of his career he can still be brilliant, but all too often there is always an excuse about poor bikes, getting the set up and just in general not at the races. A 5 point return in this league is shocking for a rider of his experience.

The frustration will only grow as the season progresses. Last year he became harder to replace as each month passed as his average kept dropping. You also have to factor when the grasstrack season starts and another shot at the GP qualifiers for the unreliable (or poorly prepped) equipment issues to start.

His average is what it is for a reason. If last season is anything to go by, his Championship club will get the least effort, infuriating the life out of you when you see him on BT Sport a couple of days later performing heroics for his PL team.

• Like 3

One race win at Cardiff 12 years ago seem to have given Harris an aura that quite a few people can’t look past. 

He’s a very inconsistent rider and only going in one direction. He hasn’t helped himself in my book by becoming a member of the club within the sport who label fans with opinions they don’t like online as “keyboard warriors.” So unprofessional. Get on with your job that we pay you to do. 

Give me Scott Nicholls any day. When we had both men at Rye Scott was just as entertaining when behind, he just didn’t find himself in that position as often as Harris. Five years down the line if both are still riding then I’d imagine Nicholls will be at a similar level to where he is now, Harris will probably be a five point man or taking pocket money from kids in the NL. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Did say it was too cold for me,glad I did not go as sounded so one sided and not good Speedway.

With the loss of Lakeside and Rye, beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

One race win at Cardiff 12 years ago seem to have given Harris an aura that quite a few people can’t look past. 

He’s a very inconsistent rider and only going in one direction. He hasn’t helped himself in my book by becoming a member of the club within the sport who label fans with opinions they don’t like online as “keyboard warriors.” So unprofessional. Get on with your job that we pay you to do. 

Give me Scott Nicholls any day. When we had both men at Rye Scott was just as entertaining when behind, he just didn’t find himself in that position as often as Harris. Five years down the line if both are still riding then I’d imagine Nicholls will be at a similar level to where he is now, Harris will probably be a five point man or taking pocket money from kids in the NL. 

Harris just taking in the easy money.

10 hours ago, woofers said:

One of the most boring you’ve ever seen ? Or ever been to ?

I’ve seen plenty more boring than that on TV.

It wasn’t the most exciting but what can you expect when the opposition perform so poorly ?

For all the hype, Harris was woeful, saying “It’s a while since I’ve been here, I need get the set up and lines sorted”.....for goodness sake, he’s a professional, ex GP rider, it shouldn’t take more than one ride to sort that out ..... Schlein had no problem and he’s in the same situation experience wise. He seemed to try his heart out as usual to start with and then probably released he was a one man team so what the heck. 

I expect most of the crowd were disappointed with the challenge that Somerset put up, as I believe they are one of the “fancied” teams in the league.

Standard reply from Harris,used to here the same every GP.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Standard reply from Harris,used to here the same every GP.

"Struggling with the set up, we just need to work harder to find it"..

"The track is very different from practice"

"I need to find my gating gloves"...

etc etc etc..

And then produces a storming ride when its needed most, which very, very few could emulate, and belies several months of utter mediocrity...

Not a new phenomenon how Chris' season's pan out so shouldn't be any surprises..

(He seems to be doing well in France)...;)

He was superb when i saw him at Leicester a couple of weeks ago, with some great overtaking moves on a difficult track. Last night was completely different. He looked well off the pace and didn't look interested.

13 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

He was superb when i saw him at Leicester a couple of weeks ago, with some great overtaking moves on a difficult track. Last night was completely different. He looked well off the pace and didn't look interested.

To many engagements to fulfil,Premiership,Championship,Grass Track GP’s,France to name a few, no point in taking unnecessary risks or he can’t make the sport pay!!!!!!!;)

Hope he is not on any guarantees or you will get even less effort.

We sadly found this out to our cost last season.

Most riders eventually hit a downward trend..Harris hit his a while ago now..Nothing lasts for ever and speedway riders are no different..

Edited by waco

Can't believe the crac Harris is getting. First bad meeting this season against the best Heat Leader trio in the league. Not many riders will beat them this season at home and tbh away too.

Don't get me wrong it was a disgusting defeat but it was the lower end that really should have been putting up more of a fight. Unfortunately we have a team with too many racers and stood no chance last night. Need to fix it or there will be changes no doubt, May isn't one to shy away. 

As a Lakeside fan it’s good to see Lawson doing the business, top man he is. Good luck to Eastbourne for the season.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Harris just taking in the easy money.

Didn’t look so easy at Eastbourne according to the updates. Probably on a large guarantee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomersetBlue said:

Can't believe the crac Harris is getting. First bad meeting this season against the best Heat Leader trio in the league. Not many riders will beat them this season at home and tbh away too.

Don't get me wrong it was a disgusting defeat but it was the lower end that really should have been putting up more of a fight. Unfortunately we have a team with too many racers and stood no chance last night. Need to fix it or there will be changes no doubt, May isn't one to shy away. 

He started the season off slowly at Rye House last year and only really came alive when he signed for Poole. Mind you, not being paid isn’t the greatest motivator 

• Like 1