British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE v SOMERSET 13th April

27 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Didn’t look so easy at Eastbourne according to the updates. Probably on a large guarantee

Depends what he earned for Paid 6.Was he busting Gut with the wrong set up(again)

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Depends what he earned for Paid 6.Was he busting Gut with the wrong set up(again)

Not from where i was standing.

Clearly Somerset had an off night but may be some credit has to go to Eastbourne.

They have signed 3 excellent Heat Leaders, Lawson will be strong everywhere, Kennett at home and Kerr I alsway felt on a good average.

They refrained from signing unknown or journeymen foreigners and invested in British bottom end. 

Morley and Bowtell were 1-2 in NL Individual 2018 and have a bit of CL experience now, Wood for me is make of break this year, permamnet NL or 1/2 decent CL career (who knows) and Brennan I think is as good as Kemp and those 2 are next generation of "special talent".

Be very interesting for the Group to see how Rebels recover at Brum as Eastie have a big points advantage at moment and anything could still happen in Group.

• Like 2

Eastbourne have been clever and built a solid tail that can all score points an even when a couple struggle you can see the others stepping up to support the very strong top 3. In contrast the Rebels are totally reliant on the heat leaders keeping them in matches as the 2nd strings are adrift of where they need to be and the reserves are nice enough but its too early for them Wouldn't surprise me to see a few teams including the Eagles turn Somerset over at the OTA aswell.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Can't believe the crac Harris is getting. First bad meeting this season against the best Heat Leader trio in the league. Not many riders will beat them this season at home and tbh away too.

Don't get me wrong it was a disgusting defeat but it was the lower end that really should have been putting up more of a fight. Unfortunately we have a team with too many racers and stood no chance last night. Need to fix it or there will be changes no doubt, May isn't one to shy away. 

First this season perhaps but nothing new in the grand scheme of the last couple of years as fans of Rye House and Glasgow will tell you. 

The irony of your post is that your top three are probably one of the strongest in the league on paper as well. Offered Schlein, Harris and Covatti or Kennett, Lawson and Kerr I reckon you’d have a near 50-50 split on the trio fans would take. 

Eastbourne have a longer tail than yours but their home track advantage negates that in the case of Saturday’s meeting. If you thought Atkins and Rowe should have been getting anything out of Brennan and Wood round Arlington then you’ve not done your homework. 

• Like 5

I'm off down to Arlington again on Good Friday for KOC match and be interesting to see if we get as close/closer than we did in Shield Fixture.

I'm tempted by the free Easter Eggs they are promising to first 100 kids so grandchildren are coming in their Brummies gear as that'll save Grandad a few quid for ice creams later on.:o

Just trying to work out how James and Zak can ride at Poole though and for Brummies at Arlington on same day.

I thought PL had to ride Monday + Thursday so who will have priority there for their services??

On 4/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, Ben91 said:

One race win at Cardiff 12 years ago seem to have given Harris an aura that quite a few people can’t look past. 

He’s a very inconsistent rider and only going in one direction. He hasn’t helped himself in my book by becoming a member of the club within the sport who label fans with opinions they don’t like online as “keyboard warriors.” So unprofessional. Get on with your job that we pay you to do. 

Give me Scott Nicholls any day. When we had both men at Rye Scott was just as entertaining when behind, he just didn’t find himself in that position as often as Harris. Five years down the line if both are still riding then I’d imagine Nicholls will be at a similar level to where he is now, Harris will probably be a five point man or taking pocket money from kids in the NL. 

That’s pretty harsh.

Chris may be inconsistent but he has produced hundreds of spectacular races at club level over the last 14 years. Frequently well worth the admission money on his own!

Priority given to Premiership on Mondays & Thursdays.

Priority given to Championship on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s pretty harsh.

Chris may be inconsistent but he has produced hundreds of spectacular races at club level over the last 14 years. Frequently well worth the admission money on his own!

Matter of opinion that I've never been a fan and wouldn't open my curtains if he was riding in my back garden, He certainly doesn't get me to a meeting 

35 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Matter of opinion that I've never been a fan and wouldn't open my curtains if he was riding in my back garden, He certainly doesn't get me to a meeting 

He'd make a bloody mess of your back garden....

55 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Priority given to Championship on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

So Swindon will need Guests??

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Looking at your avatar, Chris would be glad you kept your curtains closed. :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ben91 said:

First this season perhaps but nothing new in the grand scheme of the last couple of years as fans of Rye House and Glasgow will tell you. 

The irony of your post is that your top three are probably one of the strongest in the league on paper as well. Offered Schlein, Harris and Covatti or Kennett, Lawson and Kerr I reckon you’d have a near 50-50 split on the trio fans would take. 

Eastbourne have a longer tail than yours but their home track advantage negates that in the case of Saturday’s meeting. If you thought Atkins and Rowe should have been getting anything out of Brennan and Wood round Arlington then you’ve not done your homework. 

SomersetBlue albeit a passionate Somerset fan, has a tendency to be very biased. I myself thought Somerset had one of the best heat leader trios in the league but as has been said Harris will throw in plenty of duff ones and with Covatti missing, it decimates the whole team.

It amazes me people keep talking about Somerset as being 'up there' and 'one of the favourites'. This has to be worst Somerset team assembled for many a year. Probably the worst since we ended up with Lubos Tomicek at number 1!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Thank you for this information.

45 minutes ago, Najjer said:

SomersetBlue albeit a passionate Somerset fan, has a tendency to be very biased. I myself thought Somerset had one of the best heat leader trios in the league but as has been said Harris will throw in plenty of duff ones and with Covatti missing, it decimates the whole team.

It amazes me people keep talking about Somerset as being 'up there' and 'one of the favourites'. This has to be worst Somerset team assembled for many a year. Probably the worst since we ended up with Lubos Tomicek at number 1!

Agree, it's rare that Somerset put together an average/poor side but the original one looked reliant on Berge adding heavily to his average to even come close to the play-offs and whilst Grobauer may turn out to be a good asset it's very unlikely he'll make that sort of impact this season.

That said they won't be the last team to be beaten heavily at Eastbourne this year

• Like 1