British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jukebox Romeo

Edinburgh v Wolverhampton (Challenge) 12th April

First action of the season for the Monarchs against a tough looking Wolves side. 

Line-ups:

Edinburgh

1. Ricky Wells

2. Justin Sedgmen

3. Josh Pickering

4. Joel Andersson

5. Cameron Heeps

6. William Lawson

7. Luke Ruddick

Wolverhampton 

1. Sam Masters

2. Luke Becker

3. Rory Schlein

4. Kyle Howarth

5. Nick Morris (R/R)

6. Ashley Morris

7. Nathan Greaves

Think this Wolves side will be too strong for Edinburgh but a very good test for our boys before the first meaningful fixture at Scunthorpe on Sunday in the KOC. 

Big away win inbound, but at the end of the day it’s all about track time before the serious stuff starts and it’s all for a good cause. 

If wolves do win easily I'll be surprised basically they are a Championship team albeit with an excellent premiership rider  at No.1

depends on howarth, he's very hit and miss at edin

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

If wolves do win easily I'll be surprised basically they are a Championship team albeit with an excellent premiership rider  at No.1

prop a ganda ..post ....   lol .

On 4/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, SharpenRake said:

;)

Good to see Cam showing Wolves the rider they shouldve had last season :t:

On 4/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, Dekker said:

depends on howarth, he's very hit and miss at edin

He's hit and miss at every small technical track. He has regularly crashed at our place through being too enthusiastic with full throttle and no control. I think he has only had one decent meeting at our place about 2 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He's hit and miss at every small technical track. He has regularly crashed at our place through being too enthusiastic with full throttle and no control. I think he has only had one decent meeting at our place about 2 years ago.

So that is the kiiss of death ?? But I hope not Dave

• Haha 1

The gap in strength has got closer and closer over the past 5 to 6 years, however the top flight will always be too strong for a 2nd tier team - as evidenced by the result.

• Like 2

I agree with Steve above.

Over and over we here the same nonsense trotted out that there is little difference between the two divisions.. yet everytime they meet it's a walkover.

Wolves were nowhere near full strength. Nathan Greaves in for Scott Nicholls.. RR for Nick Morris.. but still won by 20 away from home.

• Like 2

Except they're not. 

• Like 1

Wasn’t the best of nights racing but first meeting of the season for most of the boys and all about getting that race sharpness back. 

Could tell the wolves boys had a few meeting under there belts very sharp all night.

despite the result positives to take away from the night that josh was looking very fast along with heeps, Luke also looks like he’ll do okay for us once he gets settled in. 

Thought young Luke road his heart out. Early days but noted William only had one bike last night and didn’t look on the pace.