British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. 11/4/2019 Shield 2nd leg

57 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Andersen looks a very decent and tidy rider. Can’t see what Lynn fans are moaning about they have been well up for it tonight. Proctor just rode last to first passing Josh and Holder with ease.  Lynn could steal a win tonight to be honest. No good Holder riding like a plank at the back shaking his head. 

So I called it smack on at heat 10. The writing was on the wall that early. 

As Lynn struggled at hom in their first meeting, so did Pirates tonight. But a pretty awful meeting in all honesty.

The first thing was just before parade Tony Steele said a section of air fence needed replacing as it had a small hole and was not fully inflated. I noticed this yesterday at P&P. Why leave it until tapes up to do something about it? On a cold night the start was delayed until 8 pm due to this. Amateur hour. Then the scoreboard malfunctioned. Amateur hour two. Poor.

The racing was poor. Mostly gate and go bar two heats. One where Proctor got on it and passed mobile chicane Holder and then Josh G. And in another with Poole on a 5-1 and Palm Toft snuck up the inside of Klindt, who was going to slow.

The other heats were mostly from the gate. In heat 13 Kurtz knew he had to make the start but touched the tapes. In heat 15 he knew he had to make the start but Riss slammed the door and that was that.

A deserved win for Lynn. Luckily it was won in the first leg.

• Like 3

Happy to be wrong. Any win at Wimborne Road is a great win regardless.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So I called it smack on at heat 10. The writing was on the wall that early. 

As Lynn struggled at hom in their first meeting, so did Pirates tonight. But a pretty awful meeting in all honesty.

The first thing was just before parade Tony Steele said a section of air fence needed replacing as it had a small hole and was not fully inflated. I noticed this yesterday at P&P. Why leave it until tapes up to do something about it? On a cold night the start was delayed until 8 pm due to this. Amateur hour. Then the scoreboard malfunctioned. Amateur hour two. Poor.

The racing was poor. Mostly gate and go bar two heats. One where Proctor got on it and passed mobile chicane Holder and then Josh G. And in another with Poole on a 5-1 and Palm Toft snuck up the inside of Klindt, who was going to slow.

The other heats were mostly from the gate. In heat 13 Kurtz knew he had to make the start but touched the tapes. In heat 15 he knew he had to make the start but Riss slammed the door and that was that.

A deserved win for Lynn. Luckily it was won in the first leg.

Don’t think Lynn struggled that bad on the first leg just had a poor number one that night who only got 4 instead of the usual 13 or 14 and a reserve who scored 0..... think over the 2 legs it shows not much between these two teams 

Wow,,, any result is possible early season,,, but don't remember anyone going for a Lynn win.  Maybe Pooles aussies are saving themselves for their Polish teams. 

Racing & presentation was very poor. The fence issue which Steve mentioned was very disappointing, as it was quite obvious it wasn't right yesterday.  Jack appeared to be totally disinterested and not quick at all, hopefully improves soon. 

• Like 1

Good result for the Stars tonight,totally unexpected after the start they have had.Every one chipping in which enabled the win.And of course Lambert's return to his usual form.Hopefully with Kasper getting 5pts with a win in ht2 this will give him a bit of confidence to push on with a few more scores like that or better.

Roll on Monday where we get to take on those Witches.

• Like 1

our riders stayed on the inside all night no chance from there. lambert superb after his first ride his three heat wins he was as far as he could go on the outside . anyway well done kings lynn for there win tonight 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, g13webb said:

When the fixture mattered,  in what was the biggest match of the Stars  long history,     we still succumbed to 4 consecutive 5-1 's  and later trailed by 18 points .    Now, in a match of little importance , and already 10 points adrift,   this has to be  the most uninspiring match possible...   If you could think of reasons why this sport is in such low interest , this match highlights them all. 

I will be most surprised it the Pirates don't rattle up  60 points,    at least.... 

Sure got that wrong,  and when that happens I'm the first to admit it...   The Stars team performed far better than one imagined...   on the night...   So well done

But we still lost the trophy, and that's the  be all of it.    Just because they put in a good performance last night,  shouldn't hide the fact we lost  another chance to be victorious.

As ever..   

Never saw that one coming ( did anyone ?). Didn’t even follow it on updates.

What is going wrong at Poole? ( after reading Shovvys post). Added to the No Team unit look about then with the Kevlars.  Has Matt lost interest ?

Well done The Stars on that result

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, semion said:

Well done The Stars on that result

Go Lambo Go. The Firestarter kickstarted his 2019. The world is your lobster ( not an oyster man ).

just reflecting on last night it was farce from the word go problems with the air fence 30 minutes lost rerun heat 10 in which another 7 or 8 minutes lost and then a 10 to 15  interval after the rerun on a cold night . any new to speedway wont be coming again I would not think . oh and racing was not that good either . on that showing rosco must fancy his chances next week still onward and upward :cheers: ps my point in which i missed why did we have to have a interval 

Edited by ray c

So chuffed with this showing from the Stars, nobody expected that but hell they got themselves together and boom, another win at Poole, last one was inspired by CH in 2017 of course :D  It's put the smile back on our faces and wiped it off the Poole fans, perfect, sorry people :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

ps my point in which i missed why did we have to have a interval 

That's how it's always been done. Why change something just because it's broken? ( That is not a typing error ).

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That's how it's always been done. Why change something just because it's broken? ( That is not a typing error ).

Will be interesting to see how the meetings are viewed when the MSDL matches take place and there is no interval to accommodate them. Will the meeting flow better and be calls to be the norm or will the food and drink sales drop too steeply?