British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. 11/4/2019 Shield 2nd leg

On 4/11/2019 at 10:08 AM, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure Poole will keep it close for the entertainment factor.  Nobody really wants to see a one-sided meeting with little racing and loads of Poole 5-1's do they?:cheers::party::t:;)

So not far from the truth - except for the lack of entertainment factor on a very chilly evening in front of an 'average sized' crowd!

The track was smooth and slick and the racing processional. Well done to the Stars for getting their act together better than the Pirates in the latter part of the meeting.

As others have said this sort of result happens when your number 1 doesn't score - as KL found on Monday. All the others rode to or exceeded their averages so early days yet.

2 away meetings next week before the Good Friday morning meeting will be interesting to judge further.

3 hours ago, ray c said:

just reflecting on last night it was farce from the word go problems with the air fence 30 minutes lost rerun heat 10 in which another 7 or 8 minutes lost and then a 10 to 15  interval after the rerun on a cold night . any new to speedway wont be coming again I would not think . oh and racing was not that good either . on that showing rosco must fancy his chances next week still onward and upward :cheers: ps my point in which i missed why did we have to have a interval 

The interval is a contracted agreement with the stadium owners who take all the bar/beverage/food revenue - although why they didn't call it when Kerr came down and was being attended to in heat 10 I don't know?!

Other than that despite the delayed start the ref and the presentation ensured the meeting was completed well within 90 minutes which was just as well as I was in severe danger of freezing my proverbials off!!  ......But I guess thats one of the risks for those that do actually attend meetings regularly.:t:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The interval is a contracted agreement with the stadium owners who take all the bar/beverage/food revenue - although why they didn't call it when Kerr came down and was being attended to in heat 10 I don't know?!

Other than that despite the delayed start the ref and the presentation ensured the meeting was completed well within 90 minutes which was just as well as I was in severe danger of freezing my proverbials off!!  ......But I guess thats one of the risks for those that do actually attend meetings regularly.:t:

So what does that mean when the 2nd halves take place as the club already stated there would be no interval on those nights?

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

agree as kerr was sat on the track for a few minutes it was an easy call really . as he was excluded from the rerun anyway 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So not far from the truth - except for the lack of entertainment factor on a very chilly evening in front of an 'average sized' crowd!

The track was smooth and slick and the racing processional. Well done to the Stars for getting their act together better than the Pirates in the latter part of the meeting.

As others have said this sort of result happens when your number 1 doesn't score - as KL found on Monday. All the others rode to or exceeded their averages so early days yet.

2 away meetings next week before the Good Friday morning meeting will be interesting to judge further.

Completely irrelevant.

That is applicable when you have a big hitter at No 1.

When you have a 7.3 rider at No 1 there will be many meetings when he doesn't perform.. and the rider in the position will swap a few times during the season. 

I thought last night was very poor entertainment, I attended the practice session the night before and it was obvious then that the air fence did not look right so despite what was obviously a problem, the management and the track staff leave it until 07:30 before starting repairs at the insistence of the Ref. The parade was a total shambles with something that I guess was supposed to be music being looped over and over with the riders ambling across the centre green. The racing if you can call it that was dire with most of the riders not looking interested if they missed the gate and the atmosphere in the stadium just dead

We are supposed to be in the top league of speedway and what was demonstrated last night was a total unprofessional mess, if I had attended that for the first time then I doubt very much that I would come back again, to be honest not sure if I am that bothered myself at the moment.

Come on Poole Speedway, you have the potential to do much more but if you carry on like this then the crowds will stop coming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

So what does that mean when the 2nd halves take place as the club already stated there would be no interval on those nights?

2nd halves mean the bars will stay open later!

• Like 1

I see Middlo is being granted a benefit meeting next year.  Is the guy really short of a few bob or is it just total greed on his part.?  I mean how much will he net out of it after paying 40% tax on it ?

17 minutes ago, semion said:

I see Middlo is being granted a benefit meeting next year.  Is the guy really short of a few bob or is it just total greed on his part.?  I mean how much will he net out of it after paying 40% tax on it ?

‘The Guy’ lost everything from his testimonial meeting when the club went under. He didn’t request the benefit meeting, it was offered, so hardly greed. 

Pi$$ poor post from you. 

• Like 4

Is he donating the proceeds to Charity or trousering it ?  I’m sure the guy has enough assets etc to see him enjoy a comfortable lifestyle, going forward.  Why not donate it to something like the Benfund to help guys who really need. The likes of Garry Stead, Joey Owen etc?  

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Is he donating the proceeds to Charity or trousering it ?  I’m sure the guy has enough assets etc to see him enjoy a comfortable lifestyle, going forward.  Why not donate it to something like the Benfund to help guys who really need. The likes of Garry Stead, Joey Owen etc?  

I fail to see why it is your business what he does with it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, semion said:

If people don't wish Neil Middleditch to benefit, they simply don't attend.

I am sure plenty will however.

• Like 1

Neil could certainly be seen as someone that divides opinions but of no doubt is his contribution to speedway and Poole in particular

Id say a benefit meeting isnt out of place for him but as Bwitcher states those that dont agree arent forced to attend and pay towards it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

To be fair, is it 20 years at Poole, something like that anyway. He probably does have a few bob, and a guest house( or whatever he owns) in Dorset must be worth a good bit.

Like the bloke or not, I don't think there are many out there who would say 20 years service don't deserve something, if it is that long?.

A good gesture, like you  mention would be great. But what he does with it is up to him.. He might want to expand his business, set a family member up in business etc.

Edited by Bald Bloke