British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Peterborough vs Wolverhampton PSC 11/04/19

11 hours ago, Sully said:

I would imagine the thinking was that Hans needs track time to get his machinery sorted for the more important league fixtures coming up. 

Then he should be taking to the track after the meeting not flogging a dead lawnmower during it. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mark said:

After 10 meetings Peterborough will have ridden 5 league matches.   How many league matches per season ?

Not enough to give everyone a head start, already without a number one so absolutely cannot carry a rider.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Then he should be taking to the track after the meeting not flogging a dead lawnmower during it. 

Not always easy to tell how the bike is going unless you have some opposition as the margins between winning and losing are so small. 

1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

Not enough to give everyone a head start, already without a number one so absolutely cannot carry a rider.

if you were TM you would probably sack a rider every 3 meetings.    doubt anyone would ride for ateam like that bar those who were desperate

23 minutes ago, Mark said:

if you were TM you would probably sack a rider every 3 meetings.    doubt anyone would ride for ateam like that bar those who were desperate

Seems to work okay for Poole :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark said:

And if you were TM nobody would be paying to watch after 3 meetings so you would be stuck with what you had anyway.

1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

And if you were TM nobody would be paying to watch after 3 meetings so you would be stuck with what you had anyway.

Fine but doubt you would have riders who would respect you for giving support.   A good rider isn't rubbish overnight.   Sack Andersen after 4 meetings, imagine that happens, who replaces him ?        He got 7+3 in the other home meeting.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Fine but doubt you would have riders who would respect you for giving support.   A good rider isn't rubbish overnight.   Sack Andersen after 4 meetings, imagine that happens, who replaces him ?        He got 7+3 in the other home meeting.

It was you who mentioned 3 meetings, I just said I thought 10 was too many under the league as it is. 

As it happens I wouldn't replace Hans anyway, finding a number 1 is far more important, I wouldn't worry about the rest until that is sorted.

2 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

It was you who mentioned 3 meetings, I just said I thought 10 was too many under the league as it is. 

As it happens I wouldn't replace Hans anyway, finding a number 1 is far more important, I wouldn't worry about the rest until that is sorted.

name your No1.

Panthers could try Kildemand. Gets on well with Andersen. He surely won't have an Ekstraliga job with Gorzow for long?

His stock is that low that he'll probably be asking to ride here before too long.  Why he thinks he's still good enough for top level speedway is beyond me.

Actually, not sure he'd average over 7 in our league to be honest.

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

Panthers could try Kildemand. Gets on well with Andersen. He surely won't have an Ekstraliga job with Gorzow for long?

His stock is that low that he'll probably be asking to ride here before too long.  Why he thinks he's still good enough for top level speedway is beyond me.

Actually, not sure he'd average over 7 in our league to be honest.

In fairness to Peter he does not sign himself does he ? but i think your right he has been in a rapid decline the last 18 months and would do well to average over 7.00.

That said he is still in his 20s (29) so if could still maybe re find his form maybe ?

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

9 hours ago, Sully said:

Not always easy to tell how the bike is going unless you have some opposition as the margins between winning and losing are so small. 

Although I can partly see the reasoning, it's really too easy to blame the bike if you do badly.  

2 hours ago, Mark said:

name your No1.

Would have been happy with Cook or Harris ... But that is irrelevant.

Are you saying we should be happy being 3pts under the limit then change later??

37 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

Would have been happy with Cook or Harris ... But that is irrelevant.

Are you saying we should be happy being 3pts under the limit then change later??

maybe its purely finance.     if Peterborough are in with a play off chance half way through then maybe positive changes would be made