British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Peterborough vs Wolverhampton PSC 11/04/19

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Although I can partly see the reasoning, it's really too easy to blame the bike if you do badly.  

To be fair, if Hans scores  0000 on a track the said was great and praised Buster for a few weeks ago, there can only be one reason. His bikes. Look at Lambo. I thought he looked great at P&P. Then had 2 awful meetings and the first few races at Poole. It's a fine line these days.

its not right a team being 3 points under the limit, but to be fair to Summers hes done a great job for us so far and could be worth keeping. If you start looking else where in team the only rider who has been a real let down has been Andersen.  I like Hans but something is really wrong there whether its bikes or just him? I know hes not the rider he once was but he shouldnt fail to even score a point :o 

Think he should get a couple more meeting and then Team Manager should reconsider options

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

its not right a team being 3 points under the limit, but to be fair to Summers hes done a great job for us so far and could be worth keeping. If you start looking else where in team the only rider who has been a real let down has been Andersen.  I like Hans but something is really wrong there whether its bikes or just him? I know hes not the rider he once was but he shouldnt fail to even score a point :o 

Think he should get a couple more meeting and then Team Manager should reconsider options

Hans is good for 7 or 8. You ain't doing bad considering so far, and when Hans sorts his probs out things should improve.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hans is good for 7 or 8. You ain't doing bad considering so far, and when Hans sorts his probs out things should improve.

i'd class him scoring 5 or 6 as a bad night, anything 7 up is ok.

Scoring 0 at the showground I didnt ever expect to happen, give him bit of a chance to sort things but cant wait forever

7 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

i'd class him scoring 5 or 6 as a bad night, anything 7 up is ok.

Scoring 0 at the showground I didnt ever expect to happen, give him bit of a chance to sort things but cant wait forever

He will average 7 no probs. Tungate has averaged 7.20 from 3 meetings. Cookie averaged 7.66 last season . Not a million miles away.

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 hours ago, Mark said:

maybe its purely finance.     if Peterborough are in with a play off chance half way through then maybe positive changes would be made

And that's the headache , are we ever going to be in a play-off place chance without making a change??

how long do you leave it, which brings us full circle ;)

everyone has different views, leave it as it is for 10 matches or act quickly ??

On 4/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, Bald Bloke said:

To be fair, if Hans scores  0000 on a track the said was great and praised Buster for a few weeks ago, there can only be one reason. His bikes. Look at Lambo. I thought he looked great at P&P. Then had 2 awful meetings and the first few races at Poole. It's a fine line these days.

It's always been a fi e line and you may be right but for me it's always a combination of things. Perhaps the new starting regs don't suit his rolling starts :D

I still remember a few years back when Nig Flatman was having a poor run and thought it must be the bike. Sanders borrowed it and won a race with ease! 

I'm sure it will be figured out as he's too experienced to let those scores continue. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, Dodger Blue said:

And if you were TM nobody would be paying to watch after 3 meetings so you would be stuck with what you had anyway.

you beat Poole with Andersen getting 10.     Would you have sacked a rider a bit early last week ?  

9 hours ago, Mark said:

you beat Poole with Andersen getting 10.     Would you have sacked a rider a bit early last week ?  

If you read back you will find I said I wouldn't get did of Andersen !! :blink: