British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Peterborough vs Wolverhampton PSC 11/04/19

20 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Tungate got Panthers out of jail with a hard move on schlein on last bend..but this team is not good enough and then we hear Johnson on the tannoy saying how all these boys deserve their place against Poole..wake up..they will smash us.

What like they smashed Lynn tonight

• Like 3

I’m sorry but does Hans have to have 4 rides? If not Carl Johnson needs to take some of the blame for the poor end to the meeting.

Because if Summers was going to go in heat 14, which he did, why did Hans go out in heat 13, we knew before heat 13 that Summers was out in heat 14 yet had not ridden since heat 7. So the track was going to be completely different to then, surely common sense for a team manager is to replace a rider who is so obviously off the pace with a rider, who was going well in the beginning of the meeting, therefore giving them a better chance in heat 14 by having a run out in the heat before? 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Wolves heat leaders 30

Boro heat leaders 14

How did wolves not win that.

Boro reserves 17 wolves 4 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Wolves heat leaders 30

Boro heat leaders 14

How did wolves not win that.

Because certain teams never realise that teams need decent reserves & not use all their points on the top 5. 

18 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

I’m sorry but does Hans have to have 4 rides? If not Carl Johnson needs to take some of the blame for the poor end to the meeting.

Because if Summers was going to go in heat 14, which he did, why did Hans go out in heat 13, we knew before heat 13 that Summers was out in heat 14 yet had not ridden since heat 7. So the track was going to be completely different to then, surely common sense for a team manager is to replace a rider who is so obviously off the pace with a rider, who was going well in the beginning of the meeting, therefore giving them a better chance in heat 14 by having a run out in the heat before? 

I would imagine the thinking was that Hans needs track time to get his machinery sorted for the more important league fixtures coming up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

What like they smashed Lynn tonight

My point is this team is not good enough..and Johnson was suggesting we are..which I disagree with.

• Like 5

The way things are looking we would be better off replacing Hans with a out and out number 1 but doubt there is anyone available 

• Like 1

Very enjoyable match that was.  Heat 8 was absolutely superb.

Interesting team management on both sides with Adams giving Morris an unecessary third ride (under this format) instead of using the well on the pace Becker in heat 10.

Bizarre decision from Johnson to leave Andersen in 13.

Expect Poole to beat Panthers on Monday but hopefully the racing will be up to this standard.

1 hour ago, cambpanther said:

The way things are looking we would be better off replacing Hans with a out and out number 1 but doubt there is anyone available 

So many people want riders sacked after just 2 or 3 meetings.  Its ridiculous to manage that way, all riders must get a fair chance of 10 meetings minimum. The team won. The league hasn't started.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mark said:

So many people want riders sacked after just 2 or 3 meetings.  Its ridiculous to manage that way, all riders must get a fair chance of 10 meetings minimum. The team won. The league hasn't started.

After 10 meetings the league is nearly finished !!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Because certain teams never realise that teams need decent reserves & not use all their points on the top 5. 

Jesus the same old moaning has started before a wheel has turned. Doyley for Nick and Shane's for Smith is a massive improvement this year so stop your whining and give it a chance.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Boro and Wolves fans!

• Like 1

I thought Luke Becker was quite impressive for his 4 points last night, always on the pace and mixing it with other riders on a track I assume he's never ridden before

6 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Does anyone have the time from heat 11 last night? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

After 10 meetings the league is nearly finished !!!

After 10 meetings Peterborough will have ridden 5 league matches.   How many league matches per season ?