British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Poole Pirates • 18/04

On 4/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, Skidder1 said:

A potential banana skin for the Robins - and also for the Pirates I guess?!

Could be a big home win or a very narrow away win depending on who adapts to the new track best.

Hope the Pirates manage to keep it close for the Friday morning return at 'gate and go' Wimborne Road.

Should be good crowds at both fixtures.

Two Swindon wins for me, especially with Poole missing Worrall on Good Friday (seems Leicester have priority).

49 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Two Swindon wins for me, especially with Poole missing Worrall on Good Friday (seems Leicester have priority).

We can cover for worrell quite easy with r/r. if he is not at poole in the morning 

1 hour ago, Mafiarule said:

Think the result will be immaterial. More eyes  will be how track holds up. I can see a narrow Poole win on a dust bowl. 

The result is never immaterial. 

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The result is never immaterial. 

It is to some, as long as the track gives some reason for complaint they'll be happy.

Hopefully that won't be the case, after Monday's showing I'm feeling more confident than usual of an Easter double over you pesky Pirates

Will go 50-to the Moonrakers 40 to the Knobs.

1 hour ago, Reliant Robin said:

It is to some, as long as the track gives some reason for complaint they'll be happy.

Hopefully that won't be the case, after Monday's showing I'm feeling more confident than usual of an Easter double over you pesky Pirates

Yes we don't look as strong as we could be at the moment  but you never know what might happen, i think you will win at home easily enough. 

3 hours ago, ray c said:

We can cover for worrell quite easy with r/r. if he is not at poole in the morning 

Poole stronger with R/R.

4 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Will go 50-to the Moonrakers 40 to the Knobs.

May well be, but with the new track it's a bit of a lottery, betting wise for me anyway. On last years track, i'd go 50-40. If all the Robins have had a skid, I would agree. 

If not, It might well be closer. Rooting for Swindon though.

Oh dear....Swindon riders concerned over track. Ellis falls in practice....Batchelor declines to ride it.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/17582173.swindon-robins-set-to-cut-the-ribbon-on-their-new-track-against-poole-pirates-tonight-despite-riders-concern/?ref=rss

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Sounds very similar to belle vue 3 years ago. Please please please make the right decision. DO NOT DO AN US

1 question, is the new track just a reshape of the old trackin the old stadium, or a new track awaiting a new stadium to be constructed around it.:unsure:

10 minutes ago, hyderd said:

1 question, is the new track just a reshape of the old trackin the old stadium, or a new track awaiting a new stadium to be constructed around it.:unsure:

It is a reshaping of the old track, which the new stadium is planned to be built around. The old plans, to move the track and stadium to a new position, approximately 45 degrees from the current location was scrapped last year.

• Like 1