British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Poole Pirates • 18/04

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sounds very similar to belle vue 3 years ago. Please please please make the right decision. DO NOT DO AN US

We all hope this! Hopefully they’ve been able to work on it. I guess if there are any doubts today (assuming the riders practice later today) they call of off early 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

In all fairness Ellis could have fallen for a number of reasons, Batch may have never planned to take to the track so not all bad news although bit strange that they all only had 1 run each? That would probably be the most concerning part for me. 

• Like 1

It says Ellis fell on bend 4, is it just bends 1 and 2 that's been altered or all the track

Good luck to those of you going tonight. I think I'll wait a while until a few meetings have been ridden on it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bruno said:

It says Ellis fell on bend 4, is it just bends 1 and 2 that's been altered or all the track

They’ve also but a right angle on bend 4. That’s what caught Adam out.  :)

• Confused 1

Surely you can’t cancel a meeting because the track is now a different shape, I’m guessing it must be a dirt/shale issue again. 

Will be watching the updates carefully on this one. Danger is that any rider(s) who struggle will start to blame the surface anyway. I hope it genuinely goes off without a hitch otherwise it will be the biggest case of i told you since...well that s been covered to death. But if it all goes wrong tonight it could be a massive financial hit for Swindon speedway. 

Hopefully it's all just mind games and it's already got into the Poole riders heads:D.Batch is Batch and he probably left something at home so couldn't practice,he's done that before.Ellis fell so what they do occasionally even in practice.So there were no problems with Zach and James the 2 lesser likes you would expect to have trouble if there were problems with the track.

Hopefully all goes well tonight and Swindon come out on top:t:

James Shanes honest appraisal of the track might not be to some of the riders used to flying round on Polish launch pads!

Lets hope it’s a success tonight and speedway is the winner.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GWC said:

James Shanes honest appraisal of the track might not be to some of the riders used to flying round on Polish launch pads!

Also confirms its still loose and not fully bedded in and that he doesn't mind the bumps it makes it more fun. As long as its safe its ok but i fear a fair number of fallers tonight.

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Zach and Shanes are grasstrackers. A totally different mindset when it comes to bumpy tracks.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Also confirms its still loose and not fully bedded in and that he doesn't mind the bumps it makes it more fun. As long as its safe its ok but i fear a fair number of fallers tonight.

He did ride for Poole so is quite use to that.Most of the Poole riders should be use to riding bumps so this could play into their hands:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A bit alarmist (surprise surprise) - if you read the rest of the article - it puts things into perspective :rolleyes:

• Like 3