British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Poole Pirates • 18/04

9 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Happy to hear the meeting was completed in full last thing British Speedway needed was another fiasco like the opening of the NSS.

And was considerably more entertaining than anything I saw at Blunsdon last season.

• Like 1

Looks like new track meets with approval!

Edited by Icicle

Great news about the new track

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole manage to somehow throw away a winning position and scrape a draw.... and a mate of mine who is actually been working in Bristol went to the meeting (Eastbourne fan) and said that the decision to exclude Doyle was farcical ( I wasn’t there just saying)

Swindon’s issues are clearly the bottom 3 riders although the exclusion of Doyle cost them the win.

For Poole it’s quite clear Jack Holder isn’t a number one and Worrall isn’t cutting it at all at the moment. Klindt had his first poor meeting so can be forgiven that and Brady saw the meeting out better.

Pooles reserves will always keep them in meetings .... that is until they come up against Heeps and Allen at the top of the league Witches 

Doesn't really matter as its only the cup but good performance overall particularly for the much maligned by you Brady Kurtz. Jack Holder could easily be a number one but is struggling at the moment. Our reserves will win us many matches. 

Biggest crowds I seen long time and the best meeting..speedway can be good !

• Like 2

13, 14 and 15 all great races. Genuinely can't remember the last time I saw 3 good races in a meeting there. Brady looked to love the place! Great move in 14. Heat 15 was class. Draw fair result. We threw a lot of points away.

Sounds like it has potential...

How many heats were processional with no racing?

How many with close racing without passing?

How many with multiple passes?

Tempted to pay a visit next week.............

Poole won’t have a better chance to beat Swindon at Blunsdon.

* No home track advantage

* Low scoring reserves 

* Poole supporting Referee 

Edited by ZagarRacing
  • Haha 1

Great to hear the new track layout appears to have stood up well. Well done to all involved.

Expected a Poole win so a decent result and comeback by the home side.

Great to hear a good crowd turning out too.

21 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Poole won’t have a better chance to beat Swindon at Blunsdon.

* No home track advantage

* Low scoring reserves 

* Poole supporting Referee 

The Robins have low scoring reserve because of the strong top 4

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole manage to somehow throw away a winning position and scrape a draw.... and a mate of mine who is actually been working in Bristol went to the meeting (Eastbourne fan) and said that the decision to exclude Doyle was farcical ( I wasn’t there just saying)

Swindon’s issues are clearly the bottom 3 riders although the exclusion of Doyle cost them the win.

For Poole it’s quite clear Jack Holder isn’t a number one and Worrall isn’t cutting it at all at the moment. Klindt had his first poor meeting so can be forgiven that and Brady saw the meeting out better.

Pooles reserves will always keep them in meetings .... that is until they come up against Heeps and Allen at the top of the league Witches 

13 from 5 away from a 7 point rider is bloody excellent :blink: I know you mean he didn't bottle it, but he deserves a bit more credit than that imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke

A promising start for the new track, which livened up considerably around mid-meeting.

Has to go down as a missed opportunity for the away team given the amount of points dropped by the home team and the bending of the rules by including an 8th man in their line up. Is this a new rule introduced in the PSC?

Disappointed with Covatti. He clearly dived to get Doyle thrown out in heat 14 after making the mistake of trying to go round him on bend 1, however, Robinson obviously had a dabble on the Pirates in the match betting. Absolute shocker Robbo. 

2, 6 and 7 for the Robins were disappointing, although, Dave Leopard showed some signs that he might be ok at home with a few more meetings under his belt. Reserves have started slowly, particularly Zak, and both need to find gating gloves and some speed.

Kurtz excellent as always and the Poole reserves had a field day.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Big dip in middle of first and second bend. Should be fun!

After reading that I feared for the meeting being completed, but it seems it went well. Great to hear. And a good crowd to boot. 

8 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Doyley, Tobi & Dawid have done a few laps earlier today and given the track a thumbs up. 

Load of crap, I spoke to all three riders and they had not been on it this morning.