British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Poole Pirates • 18/04

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Load of crap, I spoke to all three riders and they had not been on it this morning.

Load of crap, no riders are talking to you ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Load of crap, no riders are talking to you ever.

Since I sponsor two of them they talk to me every meeting richard 

• Like 4

Jeeez. Why do you even bother replying to the joker. He has to be up for school in the morning 

• Like 1

Orlov always did with kss.its embrassing 

2 minutes ago, orion said:

Orlov always did with kss.its embrassing 

Tough

Just got back. Ended up a good meeting but with this format, it suits teams with top heavy built sides and not sides built with strength in depth. No t/r or reserve changes meant Poole couldn’t take advantage of bringing in a scoring reserve for the struggling Worrall or Klindt. If they had Pirates would have come away with the victory.

Poole were clearly the better of the two teams with balance. Swindon relying on Doyle and Batchelor backed up with Musiliak.

The track settled quickly and Kurtz enjoyed the place, taking the track record, which won’t last long.

Doyle was untouchable and a class above, until he had a rush of blood and knocked off Covatti who was attempting to go around him. Ref called it spot on, though I have seen such calls favour the number one.

The way the format works is the old 70’s/80’s 13 heat format, meaning they had 1 and 3 in heats 12 and 13. Then they won the toss in heat 14 and chose 1 and 3 again. Gave them the best gates in 3 of the last 4 races. Why not have it even for both teams? Two 1 and 3 for each team in the last 4 heats?

In heat 15 Ellis should have been excluded as both his wheel crossed the line off bend two second lap, when coming up the inside of Klindt. Ref would have not have spotted it but many on the back straight did. 

Poole’s reserves in another league to Swindons.

Another point. With the nominated heat 14, managers have to be savvy. They pick four riders and the fans vote. Middlo said Kurtz, then Rosco chose Doyle, then Middlo chosen] the next rider etc. Fans voting always vote for the top rider. Kurtz ride was instantly neutralised in heat 14 when Rosco announced Doyle. (Though we got away with it) Better for Middlo not to chose Kurtz in the 4 and save him for heat 15, so avoiding the oppositions likely number 1.

For a change a good meeting at Swindon. When the track settles it should get even better.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZagarRacing said:

Poole won’t have a better chance to beat Swindon at Blunsdon.

* Poole supporting Referee 

The ref was Dave Robinson wasn't it ?  

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back. Ended up a good meeting but with this format, it suits teams with top heavy built sides and not sides built with strength in depth. No t/r or reserve changes meant Poole couldn’t take advantage of bringing in a scoring reserve for the struggling Worrall or Klindt. If they had Pirates would have come away with the victory.

Poole were clearly the better of the two teams with balance. Swindon relying on Doyle and Batchelor backed up with Musiliak.

The track settled quickly and Kurtz enjoyed the place, taking the track record, which won’t last long.

Doyle was untouchable and a class above, until he had a rush of blood and knocked off Covatti who was attempting to go around him. Ref called it spot on, though I have seen such calls favour the number one.

In heat 15 Ellis should have been excluded as both his wheel crossed the line off bend two second lap, when coming up the inside of Klindt. Ref would have not have spotted it but many on the back straight did. 

Poole’s reserves in another league to Swindons.

For a change a good meeting at Swindon. When the track settles it should get even better.

Nice biased review 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Since I sponsor two of them they talk to me every meeting richard 

Yep whatever you say Richard

5 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

The ref was Dave Robinson wasn't it ?  

Yes. Never known him to favour any team.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes. Never known him to favour any team.

And a lifelong Reading supporter and resident unless i'm very much mistaken.  Even tho we're not around in same way i very much doubt he follows another team.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

And a lifelong Reading supporter and resident unless i'm very much mistaken.  Even tho we're not around in same way i very much doubt he follows another team.

He was Armando Castagna’s mechanic for a while at Reading (I think).

Good news on the new track - to be fair it can’t have been any worse than the old one!

• Like 1

Just now, RebelDan said:

He was Armando Castagna’s mechanic for a while at Reading (I think).

Yeh and i'm pretty sure he was David Steen's and a few others aswell.

Track is much better shape. It will take time to settle and needs some attention off the second bend but is wide allowing passing. 

• Haha 1

The track bedded in well  but there was no racing to speak of until the last 5 heats, with the last few being very good.

Was a very sizeable crowd so I was shocked how little atmosphere or noise there was from the terraces.

Also the website says if you pre book your tickets you get a free programme, then you buy your online ticket and it says on the ticket does not include programme..... plenty of annoyed people with that one.

Once I finally got my programme I found the centre fold was from the Belle Vue vs Wolves match  how the hell did that end up in a Swindon programme.

I ve seen quite a few comments from Swindons fans saying how good the meeting is was..... if that was a good top flight meeting I think I ll just stick to NL and GPs.