British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v Poole Pirates • 18/04

Delighted the first meeting went well and there were no track disasters. 

8 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The track bedded in well  but there was no racing to speak of until the last 5 heats, with the last few being very good.

Was a very sizeable crowd so I was shocked how little atmosphere or noise there was from the terraces.

Also the website says if you pre book your tickets you get a free programme, then you buy your online ticket and it says on the ticket does not include programme..... plenty of annoyed people with that one.

Once I finally got my programme I found the centre fold was from the Belle Vue vs Wolves match  how the hell did that end up in a Swindon programme.

I ve seen quite a few comments from Swindons fans saying how good the meeting is was..... if that was a good top flight meeting I think I ll just stick to NL and GPs.

I think you are missing the point. Regulars like myself, and I include Shov in that, have had to witness gate and go racing for the last few years. Whilst the first 10 or so heats were quite boring whilst the riders sussed out the track, the last few provided some hope for the future. Heat 15 was class and we just aren't used to seeing that at Swindon. So maybe we have been over enthusiastic about the meeting as a whole but I can't wait for Monday now and that's not really a feeling I've had watching speedway at Swindon for a while.

• Like 1

after watching last night's meeting against Poole, there is only one way this track will go, and that's for the better.

Great close racing throughout, which is what everyone wants, just need Toby to look where the white line is :D

• Haha 1

Speedtastic...will definitely go on Monday now.

Came away quite happy in the end a decent night's racing and touch wood it will improve.The track seemed really smooth and Doyley in heat 1 was majestic no mistakes riding  just like he was in a armchair.Poole i must say look to have a decent side and i would love Kurtz to kick on this year  a real classy rider who needs to just add consistency to his game.Swindon i am worrried at reserve but let's give them time Lampart only scored two but they were two fine passes to collect them and he was very unlucky to be excluded in one race looking forward to Ipswich now.

I am glad the new track came up trumps i feared another embarrassment coming on all in all good meeting, doubt will be the same at Poole that's even if they remember to inflate the air fences before the start.

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I think you are missing the point. Regulars like myself, and I include Shov in that, have had to witness gate and go racing for the last few years. Whilst the first 10 or so heats were quite boring whilst the riders sussed out the track, the last few provided some hope for the future. Heat 15 was class and we just aren't used to seeing that at Swindon. So maybe we have been over enthusiastic about the meeting as a whole but I can't wait for Monday now and that's not really a feeling I've had watching speedway at Swindon for a while.

Certainly looks likely to produce some top action as the season goes on.

33 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Certainly looks likely to produce some top action as the season goes on.

Yep let's hope it goes that way.

Been saying for ages that the season starts too early as Blunsdon in mid March is not appealing so to see a crowd like in mid April will hopefully tell the club that we should start later every year.