British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Poole Prem Mon April 15th

My first visit to Peterborough and I was fairly impressed, good facilities, pretty good presentation but someone to interact more with the crowd would be helpful to get them going.

It's one of the better tracks in the country but is crying out for increased width and that would help massively with the quality of the racing.

There aren't multiple lines going into the bends and increasing width would also allow for some banking to be added.

Time for some investment in additional track width.  Plenty of space to do the necessary.

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

one thing for sure that this poole side will not be the seven riders that finish the season 

I think we all know that every season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

My first visit to Peterborough and I was fairly impressed, good facilities, pretty good presentation but someone to interact more with the crowd would be helpful to get them going.

It's one of the better tracks in the country but is crying out for increased width and that would help massively with the quality of the racing.

There aren't multiple lines going into the bends and increasing width would also allow for some banking to be added.

Time for some investment in additional track width.  Plenty of space to do the necessary.

Jeez, how wide do you want it. You should have seen it before it was widened for the 2001 World Under 21 Championship.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

one of the better tracks but not wide enough and wants banking.    now let me think about that !!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Jeez, how wide do you want it. You should have seen it before it was widened for the 2001 World Under 21 Championship.

Must admit I thought it was an odd comment in the first place. One of the widest and best racing tracks in the UK.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Must admit I thought it was an odd comment in the first place. One of the widest and best racing tracks in the UK.

It can be if the track prep is done properly. Several riders and officials commented that the track is very different to last year!!

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It can be if the track prep is done properly. Several riders and officials commented that the track is very different to last year!!

A very subtle way of explaining the reason for  the defeat?;)

37 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Any wider and P'boro will be able to run a second meeting on the inside at the same time....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Always remember Flyin ryan sullivan around their and Crumpy used to fly.

Sullivan and Crump up against each other was a joy to behold. I remember one Peterborough/Lynn meeting where they both gave each other total respect and room.  Think they met 3 times during the meeting with Sullivan winning the individual match 2-1, but the number of passes each made on the other one was to many to keep track of.

Happy Days

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

A very subtle way of explaining the reason for  the defeat?;)

He's not wrong though.

52 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ditto every track can produce great racing if prep’d right!

Track was a bit from the gate last night. Outside wasn’t working hence Andersen cutting under in a couple and Wilson Dean coming a cropper trying to smash Jakobsen out of the way on bend four, twice in the same heat, and coming a cropper. 

• Haha 1