British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Poole Prem Mon April 15th

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track was a bit from the gate last night. Outside wasn’t working hence Andersen cutting under in a couple and Wilson Dean coming a cropper trying to smash Jakobsen out of the way on bend four, twice in the same heat, and coming a cropper. 

Wouldn’t have been a problem if NBJ didn’t insist on turning left on him down the home straight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sully said:

Wouldn’t have been a problem if NBJ didn’t insist on turning left on him down the home straight. 

He didn’t turn left. Wilson Dean seemed determined to go up the inside when Jakobsen was already there. Showed good ability by Jakobsen to not yield. 

Peterboroughs a great race track but when your promotion limit it to one line this is what happens.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sully said:

He has had previous before of being a hard man to pass and can himself be a bit naughty , certainly done it before

Lets hope he isnt going to be as bad as the swede Dennis Andersson that rode for Poole....he was probably the dirtiest rider ive witnessed in a long time on a track along with the Dakota North incident at Ipswich once with Barker.

For what its worth i dont believe NBJ is dirty before Poole fans start screaming......

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He didn’t turn left. Wilson Dean seemed determined to go up the inside when Jakobsen was already there. Showed good ability by Jakobsen to not yield. 

Peterboroughs a great race track but when your promotion limit it to one line this is what happens.

I think Brad went for a gap that wasn’t really on.

Thats the first time in 50 years I can remember that every heat was under 60 seconds, not so much one line but the inside was the quickest.

Gating is all important at this level as very few mistakes get made and so it has proved in our first three matches.

Hopefully the racing will improve a little over the next few months but it’s certainly entertaining, and the meetings are being run at a quick speed, about 1.5 hours so far.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not the way I saw it. BWD had got himself far enough alongside NBJ to be given some space but he was definitely turning left rather than taking the normal line down the home straight. The accident was all on BWD but you could see how riled he was up to that point. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think Brad went for a gap that wasn’t really on.

Thats the first time in 50 years I can remember that every heat was under 60 seconds, not so much one line but the inside was the quickest.

Gating is all important at this level as very few mistakes get made and so it has proved in our first three matches.

Hopefully the racing will improve a little over the next few months but it’s certainly entertaining, and the meetings are being run at a quick speed, about 1.5 hours so far.

Amen to that. I thought the clock in the car had bust again when I checked it driving out. Top effort from all concerned thus far :t:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sully said:

Not the way I saw it. BWD had got himself far enough alongside NBJ to be given some space but he was definitely turning left rather than taking the normal line down the home straight. The accident was all on BWD but you could see how riled he was up to that point. 

Think that the stand somehow upsets his sense of direction. It wasn't so long ago that he turned right (IMO - not everyone agreed) and caused (can't recall who it was) someone to have a very nasty high speed crash as they headed towards the bar.

Very glad of rapid run time of meetings, great help with the nightmare of travelling home on A14

12 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Think that the stand somehow upsets his sense of direction. It wasn't so long ago that he turned right (IMO - not everyone agreed) and caused (can't recall who it was) someone to have a very nasty high speed crash as they headed towards the bar.

Olly Allen I think. Pretty much ended his career. 

• Thanks 1

I hope Buster is not trying to make the track more like KL, he's destroyed that track racing wise compared to how it used to be back in the 80's/early 90's. Best I've seen the Peterborough track was back in the early 90's I think when they had red shale and the track used to start off more or less waterlogged and dried out as the night went on... always remember the riders returning to the pits after heat 1 and they were all red :wink:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

He has had previous before of being a hard man to pass and can himself be a bit naughty , certainly done it before

Lets hope he isnt going to be as bad as the swede Dennis Andersson that rode for Poole....he was probably the dirtiest rider ive witnessed in a long time on a track along with the Dakota North incident at Ipswich once with Barker.

For what its worth i dont believe NBJ is dirty before Poole fans start screaming......

I couldn’t go to this meeting but certainly don't think Jacobsen is dirty nothing wrong with hard racing and not yielding to pressure. As for Denis Andersson he wasn't very good but i don't think he was a dirty rider and i don't think Dakota North was either in general. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sully said:

This is correct

9 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Who's that bloke that used to ride for them in 90's always in green long blonde hair, Jiroot or something

Mario Jirout. Quite a character. :D

• Thanks 1

Wilson Dean tried to force his way up the inside of Busk Jacobsen when there wasn't room, and Busk Jacobsen wouldn't budge, he did nothing wrong.

5 hours ago, Sully said:

Olly Allen I think. Pretty much ended his career. 

That's the one although I seem to recall that it wasn't so much that NBJ turned right rather that he didn't turn left. Others said that Allen shouldn't have gone where he did in the first place so it was a case of you pays your money and makes your choice along tribal lines.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1