British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Poole Prem Mon April 15th

21 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Mario Jirout. Quite a character. :D

Owner of the finest collection of Peterborough golf balls to be seen in the Czech Republic.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Owner of the finest collection of Peterborough golf balls to be seen in the Czech Republic.

After his national service spell in the Czech Army wasn't he reintroduced by riding in on a tank !!:D

32 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

After his national service spell in the Czech Army wasn't he reintroduced by riding in on a tank !!:D

Yes he most certainly was - remember it well :t:

25 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Yes he most certainly was - remember it well :t:

I thought that is was in a jeep, Kenny Everett style :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:16 PM, Mark said:

one of the better tracks but not wide enough and wants banking.    now let me think about that !!

Yes, think hard...
It is one of the better tracks but most of the rest are pretty bad.  It is not in Belle Vue's league but has the space for the increased width to allow it to become more like a B.V.

Are you (and the rest) actually saying Peterborough wouldn't benefit from increased width?  Very odd if so.

Some said it was widened previously, was it done on the cheap by chopping away at the inside line?

In short, it's a good-ish track but it could be considerably better with relative ease.

All tracks should be looking to see how they can be improved.

3 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Yes, think hard...
It is one of the better tracks but most of the rest are pretty bad.  It is not in Belle Vue's league but has the space for the increased width to allow it to become more like a B.V.

Are you (and the rest) actually saying Peterborough wouldn't benefit from increased width?  Very odd if so.

Some said it was widened previously, was it done on the cheap by chopping away at the inside line?

In short, it's a good-ish track but it could be considerably better with relative ease.

Nonsense. Really doesn’t need to be any wider and you’ll see some of the best racing there week in week out.  

• Like 3

Peterborough at its best is second only to the NSS in this country for me. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Yes, think hard...

If the quickest way round currently is round the inside what benefit would widening the track make? Aside from the lack of scope to do it due to the showground etc it could be made half a mile wide but the quickest current line would still be the inside as that's where the dirt is. I look forward to seeing your suggestions for Stokes track upgrade on their thread and will make sure i put plenty of time aside to read them all.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, Crump99 said:

I thought that is was in a jeep, Kenny Everett style :D

Tank, Jeep - military vehicle of some description!   They’re all the same to me - a bit like footballers!!!!!!  :D

14 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Yes, think hard...

Perhaps you would like to contact our Landlords at the Eoes with your suggestions  but I suspect you may only receive a two word reply with the second one being OFF!   :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Tank, Jeep - military vehicle of some description!   They’re all the same to me - a bit like footballers!!!!!!  :D

Hopefully I'll never have to put my trust in your leadership in a combat situation. I know which I'd be happier facing armed only with a rifle :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Yes, think hard...

Not sure what difference that makes; width is width and changes the dynamics however it is done. It was done to give David Howe his home shot at the World U21 title and done within the confines of what the EoES allowed, if that's cheap as you say then it is what it is. When Mercer and crew arrived as EoES administrators shortly afterwards they got upset about sponsor boards on the fence and number of cars allowed inside the showground so basically you're lucky that it's as wide as it is because I doubt that those works would have happened afterwards. More importantly, given the shrinking showground and the running problems we've had over the last 15 years you should really just appreciate that you're still able to visit one of the best speedway locations in the country. I'd worry about improving quality on track before I'd worry about shapes and stuff.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

The track can’t be widened on the outside because of permanent obstructions outside the fence - such as the grandstand and hospitality areas.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Yes, think hard...

agree with the last line but not the remainder

On 4/16/2019 at 6:24 PM, foreverblue said:

I couldn’t go to this meeting but certainly don't think Jacobsen is dirty nothing wrong with hard racing and not yielding to pressure. As for Denis Andersson he wasn't very good but i don't think he was a dirty rider and i don't think Dakota North was either in general. 

Dak was one of the most frustrating riders ever imo, he could fly if in front, but generally you would see the trailing at the back looking down at his engine malarkey if he missed the gate. As regards the incident with Ben Barker,  bear in mind they were witches team mates, it was at the heart of Darcy gate and several Aussies singled him out, but not so intentionally and so dangerously as Dak did, and at home fgs:angry: