British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Poole Prem Mon April 15th

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Peterborough surprising a few with 2 home wins now. Poole and Wolves may regret not taking advantage of such an understrength side later in the season.

To be fair to Wolves, it wasn't a league meeting so nothing really lost ...

6 minutes ago, BrokenLand said:

To be fair to Wolves, it wasn't a league meeting so nothing really lost ...

It was still a competition for a trophy tho. They would be going for a victory.

Good win that. Good racing, another track record and a return to form for Andersen who top scored. 

All being 3 points under the limit. As per one of the comments above, we're not far off being a very good side

51 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Peterborough surprising a few with 2 home wins now. Poole and Wolves may regret not taking advantage of such an understrength side later in the season.

Our match last week wasnt a league match Steve  still got go there twice more.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Our match last week wasnt a league match Steve  still got go there twice more.

But still a competition for a cup.

Seems very similar to how Poole started last year and we all know how that finished.  Good to see Jack back to some form and Brady taking the new track record.

Good win for Peterborough

Must be some concern over Worrall and Covatti

Would have thought Pooles reserves would have done much better

Brady breaks the track record and then disappears when the going gets tough later on in the meeting

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Brady breaks the track record and then disappears when the going gets tough later on in the meeting

I agree that Worrall and Covatti had off nights. One thing to consider is Covatti had just won the Italian championship on Sunday and had just got back. Agree riders do this all the time.

However, I must bring these facts to light in view of what you say of these Poole riders. Remember Poole have raced 3 meetings one at home and two away.

Over these 3 meetings Worrall is a little down on his average at 4.72 against a start of 5.46, Covatti even with such a low score yesterday is at 4.72 against a start of 4.70, Kurtz is at 8.00 against a start of 7.05.

I am not saying there is no room for improvement but why show concern at this stage. 

A few more meetings balanced home and away before any true judgement can be made.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Rubbish - 8 points then misses one start and gets roughed up on the first turn in a tough heat. After the start and first turn it's basically follow the leader because you will not go round anyone and unless they move off the line then where you were are is where you stay. That's what happened to Kurtz.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Rubbish - 8 points then misses one start and gets roughed up on the first turn in a tough heat. After the start and first turn it's basically follow the leader because you will not go round anyone and unless they move off the line then where you were are is where you stay. That's what happened to Kurtz.

Your point is?

All im saying is that Brady has a history of doing well at the start of a meeting and then not so as the meeting progresses.

He may have got roughed up as you say but the top top riders carry on scoring through the meeting and keep scoring

6 points form his first two and then only 2 from his next two.

Whatever happened its a similar trend

21 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

I agree that Worrall and Covatti had off nights. One thing to consider is Covatti had just won the Italian championship on Sunday and had just got back. Agree riders do this all the time.

However, I must bring these facts to light in view of what you say of these Poole riders. Remember Poole have raced 3 meetings one at home and two away.

Over these 3 meetings Worrall is a little down on his average at 4.72 against a start of 5.46, Covatti even with such a low score yesterday is at 4.72 against a start of 4.70, Kurtz is at 8.00 against a start of 7.05.

I am not saying there is no room for improvement but why show concern at this stage. 

A few more meetings balanced home and away before any true judgement can be made.

I agree

Just that for me those 2 riders are Pooles weak links at the moment

Coupled with the fact that Brady and Jack are not getting 20 points a meeting between them will not help Poole as the season progresses

But saying that very impressed with the start that Klindt has made

Bloody roadworks and closed motorways meant I didn’t get back till the early hours.

A decent crowd, though little atmosphere. Seems Peterborough fans on the whole just sit there and clap politely after every heat, regardless of the score. Need someone there to whip up the crowd.

Racing wise, the track was grippy and fast. Brady broke the track record in heat 4. Passing was at a premium and although the riders were close together, it came down to a gating competition. 1 and 3 a big advantage all night with only Klindt managing a win off gate 4.

Heat 14 was always going to be an issue. Gate 1 was good but we had Worrall on it and as predicted he didn’t get off the start, which in the end cost us. 

Well done to Panthers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Your point is?

All im saying is that Brady has a history of doing well at the start of a meeting and then not so as the meeting progresses.

He may have got roughed up as you say but the top top riders carry on scoring through the meeting and keep scoring

6 points form his first two and then only 2 from his next two.

Whatever happened its a similar trend

The point is that he didn't disappear in that context. I'm well of what you're saying, we had to suffer Kenneth Bjerre 3,3,2,1,0 for enough seasons.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

one thing for sure that this poole side will not be the seven riders that finish the season 

Edited by ray c