British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches PSC 15th April

Didn’t we start with a Pole at 4 Artur ?  He was junk.  Also didn’t Nicki P’s brother (Ronnie)  ride for part of that season ?

Think it was 2001 that Ronnie rode. The Pole was Artur Prietzyk or something like that, he didn’t last long and I remember him turning up later in the season with two very big Polish chaps to collect earnings he was owed by the promotion :D 

Wagstaff used about twenty riders that year, there was a German called Joachim Kugelmann, a Norwegian called Bo Hansen, Roman Povhazny, Lukasz Jankowski and a young Slovenian I can’t remember the name of. Not a great season to be a Lynn fan. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How much to get in the raised stand? 

£1

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How much to get in the raised stand? 

£1 I believe, make sure you take a blanket, hot water bottle and the thickest coat you can find though, baltic up there.

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

£1 I believe, make sure you take a blanket, hot water bottle and the thickest coat you can find though, baltic up there.

It's pretty cold anywhere there if my memory serves me right,,, maybe might stand on bend 2 

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think we might nick another win here..

It is Lynn after all :P

Possible with a fit Harris and a Lawson that turns up in his first couple of rides 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Think it was 2001 that Ronnie rode. The Pole was Artur Prietzyk or something like that, he didn’t last long and I remember him turning up later in the season with two very big Polish chaps to collect earnings he was owed by the promotion :D 

Wagstaff used about twenty riders that year, there was a German called Joachim Kugelmann, a Norwegian called Bo Hansen, Roman Povhazny, Lukasz Jankowski and a young Slovenian I can’t remember the name of. Not a great season to be a Lynn fan. 

Just looked it Baggy.  

Ronni did ride one meeting for us in 2002. You are correct it was 2001 he rode. Did 10 meets.

The rider i think you couldn’t remember was  Jernej  Kolenko.

Wasnt the best season, summed up with Fast Freddie Eriksson ending up 3rd in the averages on 6.33

Kugelmann rode in 01 (1.83 average) not 02

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Could be close meeting this one, like someone had earlier said all of the witches can go well at Kings Lynn - think we’ll need to get off to a good start, hopefully bomber is fit and Lawson has found some better speed in the bikes - has scored well at Eastbourne but not necessarily the best indicator for KL, rather different tracks! 

A couple of good meeting for Cameron over the weekend for Edinburgh him and Jake could be match winners, if bombers fit and bikes sorters I think this one will be a 2-4 point win going either way - hopefully the witches!

sadly not going to make it, just haven’t got time to get up there after work but hope there’s a good lot witches Fans that can!

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Be interesting to see the line ups from 2002 . I think that’s the last time we rode vs each other at the same level.

im thinking. Nicki, ulamek, madsen, erikson, Kramer, McGowan etc vs Louis, Hample, miskowiak? Jansen? Baron? Doncaster? 

Im guessing a bit but it’s been a while!

Ipswich side in 2002 included Chris Louis, Scott Nicholls, Jeremy Doncaster, Craig Boyce, Joonas Kylmakorpi, Leigh Lanham, Danny Bird and Carl Baldwin. There may have been changes to the line-up during the course of the season.

Baldwin was replaced after not many meetings,,not sure by who

Edited by Baldyman

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Jernej Kolenko.

I quite enjoyed that year (2002 I think it was though), was totally full of surprises. You had a new rider almost every week!

2001 was the embarrassing scrap for Niklas Klingberg (Top 4 of Crump, Pedersen, PK and Klingberg was not half bad though!). Halfway through the season Peter Karlsson got badly injured in a clash with Lukas Dryml and was replaced by Kugelmann (several points lower than PK at the time), who had impressed in the World Cup. It was about this time it should have been evident that the funds were running low. Around about this time when the legendary Brian Griffin left the club IIRC - his programme notes were always worth a read!

The following season King's Lynn started the season about 3.5 points under the points limit - presumably due to financial constraints, and you knew Waggy had lost the plot when he sent Ulamek out on a GDTS. Shockingly, he finished last.

KL got murdered away from home on a weekly basis, but some of the home meetings were superb. Ronni Pedersen was always excellent entertainment when he rode in 2001 & 2002, unfortunately his spells with the club were always short.

• Like 1

I was at the SKY meeting against Oxford when PK got injured. It was a sickening crash, where have all those years gone.