British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches PSC 15th April

I don't know how that crowd compares to normal,,, but I did expect it to be a bit bigger and a bit more rowdy.   Enjoyed the tractor racing,,, but half the amount of laps would give the same outcome. 

• Thanks 1

Well done to the Stars - particularly impressive from Jorgensen. 

Replace Andersen and that team could be in the mix for fourth place.

The mid meeting Witches collapse was disappointing but will happen away from home. Never looked like providing the winner of enough heats to challenge for a win.

Cam and Jake were brilliant. Danny did OK but just didnt look quite quick enough. Everyone else just wasnt on the pace.

Some hard fought decent races. Probably more entertaining than most meetings but not a classic.

Good atmosphere - it was good to be back at compost corner :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I don't know how that crowd compares to normal,,, but I did expect it to be a bit bigger and a bit more rowdy.   Enjoyed the tractor racing,,, but half the amount of laps would give the same outcome. 

The tractor racing light show was a highlight for me. Quite dramatic Le Man style. Only two real speedway races and one other with a pass in it ( exiting from the 2nd bend first lap ). Poor value for money in my mind.

37 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

The tractor racing light show was a highlight for me. Quite dramatic Le Man style. Only two real speedway races and one other with a pass in it ( exiting from the 2nd bend first lap ). Poor value for money in my mind.

Your not doing a very good job in getting me to return to home meetings- last night I never even followed updates I’d even forgotten there was a meeting on till this morning when I looked for the result . 

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Your not doing a very good job in getting me to return to home meetings- last night I never even followed updates I’d even forgotten there was a meeting on till this morning when I looked for the result . 

Snap.

Haven't seen any posts that suggest a decent amount of RACING nor any posts suggesting any added value. As for updates, since Starsupates gave up I don't get any as I'm still banned by the club on social media.

To be fair there are a few signs of added value but they all come courtesy of the hard working Supporters Club, who AFAIK are completely independent of the promotion.

I'm sure if anything changes it will be trumpeted on here cos I sure as heck won't find out from the promotion (see above)

It's certainly not as good racing as I remember it to be.   Looking at the track before the meeting started it looked fantastic for racing on and it did all the way through.   I think maybe it is just a case of the inside half of the track stays just as fast as the outside, as it didn't seem to slicken off.  Still a very fast track. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's certainly not as good racing as I remember it to be.   Looking at the track before the meeting started it looked fantastic for racing on and it did all the way through.   I think maybe it is just a case of the inside half of the track stays just as fast as the outside, as it didn't seem to slicken off.  Still a very fast track. 

It won’t be until they stop using stock car friendly shale and put some proper speedway dirt down. But while the four wheeled stuff keeps filling the stadium I don’t think things will change. 

Would have been nice to come on here this morning and read some positivity after a comfortable win over the old enemy rather than going round in the same circles. Jorgensen is developing into a very strong home rider for us while I wonder how long it will be before somebody admits that Kasper can’t get the hang of our track as he seems to score points ok elsewhere. He wouldn’t be the first rider to struggle with the Lynn surface but it needs sorting one way or the other. 

Now onto a tough assignment at Peterborough on Monday. 

• Like 1

Here is a positive for you Bagpuss,, the stadium is light years better than it used to be.  And I will be coming back on our next visit. 

• Like 2

Nice picture on the Kings Lynn Twitter thanking their fans for the wonderful support

Just one thing - it happens to be presenter Kevin Long, The Massif and other Witches fans  :rofl:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ipswichspeedway

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
Link added
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Nice picture on the Kings Lynn Twitter thanking their fans for the wonderful support

Just one thing - it happens to be presenter Kevin Long, The Massif and other Witches fans  :rofl:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ipswichspeedway

We don’t discriminate :D

• Thanks 1

I followed meeting on Updates and noticed that this meeting took longer than the others on the same night, fans must get fed up with the delays for the tractor racing.

This meeting showed up our possible shortcomings away from home.....cant have 4 of your top 5 scoring 4 or less thats shocking

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I followed meeting on Updates and noticed that this meeting took longer than the others on the same night, fans must get fed up with the delays for the tractor racing.

Wasnt just the tractor racing though. Lambert was warned in heat 1 for movement at start so was pulled back. Rather than the 4 riders coming back to the tapes they sat around for what seemed like an age. Same happened in a later heat when King was warned. Then there was the wait with the Twitter vote.  

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

This meeting showed up our possible shortcomings away from home.....cant have 4 of your top 5 scoring 4 or less thats shocking

Won't be the last time that happens though....

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

It wasn't as bad as that. Probably the same amount of passing as it was back in the day. Riss and Jorgensen brave manoeuvres down the back straight. King and Lamberts battle and then Heeps overtaking Lambert. Toft passing King. Jorgensen Gp move on Heeps. That's off the top of my head while a bit bored at work. Didn't Lambert overtake Heeps in 15 too. 

Edit:  Forgot Harris around Kerr bend 3.

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Finished at 21-15 pretty decent time I thought. 

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 3