British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches PSC 15th April

Don’t forget Lynn start fifteen minutes later than the others.....an hour and a half is reasonable I’d say.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Don’t forget Lynn start fifteen minutes later than the others.....an hour and a half is reasonable I’d say.

OK I accept that could be the reason for the later finish but in cold weather delays and time wasting need to be kept to a minimum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

I followed meeting on Updates and noticed that this meeting took longer than the others on the same night, fans must get fed up with the delays for the tractor racing.

Aside from the tapes delays and Twitter vote count up Id say it was a smooth and quick paced running

The tractors are needed if you want to keep the track in a condition to enable the passing that did take place to continue.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Won't be the last time that happens though....

It should be...

You cant have 2 heat leaders and 2 second strings scoring only 10 between them

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Snap.

Haven't seen any posts that suggest a decent amount of RACING nor any posts suggesting any added value. As for updates, since Starsupates gave up I don't get any as I'm still banned by the club on social media.

To be fair there are a few signs of added value but they all come courtesy of the hard working Supporters Club, who AFAIK are completely independent of the promotion.

I'm sure if anything changes it will be trumpeted on here cos I sure as heck won't find out from the promotion (see above)

One downside for the club by blocking fans on social media is they’ve no idea when meetings are on so it isolates those fans and they don’t attend 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Haza said:

One downside for the club by blocking fans on social media is they’ve no idea when meetings are on so it isolates those fans and they don’t attend 

Exactly that.

As I recall the majority of the bans were as a result  of disagreements with an individual. Not saying they were correct or incorrect but  If that's a sound business reason to continue the ban they obviously don't want to increase crowd numbers. 

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Exactly that.

As I recall the majority of the bans were as a result  of disagreements with an individual. Not saying they were correct or incorrect but  If that's a sound business reason to continue the ban they obviously don't want to increase crowd numbers. 

Why isolate fans with bans on social media an indefinite  ban serves no purpose A short ban maybe - I was banned for what I believed was saying some home truths I wasn’t  offensive I didn’t think but there you go  . As you say they clearly don’t want to increase crowd levels . Only in speedway 

Edited by Haza

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Nice picture on the Kings Lynn Twitter thanking their fans for the wonderful support

Just one thing - it happens to be presenter Kevin Long, The Massif and other Witches fans  :rofl:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ipswichspeedway

It appears to have been removed but heres the evidence:)

IMG-20190416-WA0006.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It appears to have been removed but heres the evidence:)

IMG-20190416-WA0006.jpg

Just thanking the Ipswich fans for attending, what's wrong with that? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

It wasn't as bad as that. Probably the same amount of passing as it was back in the day. Riss and Jorgensen brave manoeuvres down the back straight. King and Lamberts battle and then Heeps overtaking Lambert. Toft passing King. Jorgensen Gp move on Heeps. That's off the top of my head while a bit bored at work. Didn't Lambert overtake Heeps in 15 too. 

Edit:  Forgot Harris around Kerr bend 3.

Finished at 21-15 pretty decent time I thought. 

Yayyyy Tellboy :D It was a tight match (with all the emotion that goes with it) until heat 8 when we pulled away by 6 pts :) There was some exciting racing 100% and we got the win over the Witches, can't be bad. Then off to a room full of fans for the press conference, everyone was happy, apart from Kasper who bravely faced us but as expected EVERYONE voiced their support for him, it was so good to hear. Thomas was obviously voted Rider of the Night by the KLSSC member, who else! Onwards and upwards for our Stars :)

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Why isolate fans with bans on social media an indefinite  ban serves no purpose A short ban maybe - I was banned for what I believed was saying some home truths I wasn’t  offensive I didn’t think but there you go  . As you say they clearly don’t want to increase crowd levels . Only in speedway 

I've been using another Twitter username for the Stars and Speedwaygb feeds. Easy to do.

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I've been using another Twitter username for the Stars and Speedwaygb feeds. Easy to do.

Yes I’m sure it is easy to do I don’t doubt that but surely the club or any business would want my £s so really it’s for them to un block all they have blocked and try to win the missing fans back 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm sure it is but I've got along without them for some time now so in the words of the song I'll get along without them now:D

Instead of the blue and gold hued version given out by the club I prefer to read the likes of Trees thro to G13Webb and all shades in between and make my own mind up. I tend to be swayed by the likes of Speedball and Bagpuss whose opinions I totally respect as they tend to call a spade a spade and  in the main are unbiased.

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

Yes I’m sure it is easy to do I don’t doubt that but surely the club or any business would want my £s so really it’s for them to un block all they have blocked and try to win the missing fans back 

There's not only twitter to get your news from, Facebook and Instagram now... https://m.facebook.com/klspeedway/

https://www.instagram.com/kingslynnstars/