British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beercellar1966

Pairs - pardubice 19th april ,on tv ?

Does any one know if the first round of the pairs next friday, 19th April is on tv any where ? Usually eurosport. But nothing on schedule on channel. Can any help. Cheers

Just to clarify the question and answer given. The onesport best pairs(company teams) SBP which was over 3 rounds and shown on Eurosport is no longer. The meeting scheduled  for Friday in Pardubice was a qualifier for the European pairs championships(MEP). I am not sure why it`s off  but Bavarian is correct that this meeting is cancelled leaving a remaining Qualifier in June in Terenzano and the final in Balakovo Russia on the 29th August. I am assuming something like 4 countries will be seeded to the final and 3 more will qualify from the 7 team qualifier on the 29th June.

Edit Think i could make a guess as to why the Pardubice meeting is off and that`s because FIM Europe didn`t get enough entries to run 2 qualifiers- Possibly the final being a long journey to Russia put several of the federations off.

Edited by racers and royals

The Pardubice semi was cancelled because of a lack of participating nations for the European Pairs this year. May have to do with the venue for the final, which is Balakovo in Russia.

Therefore the one semi-final round is enough this year. Three (or four?) nations are seeded directly to the final, and the others have to qualify from the Terenzano semi-final round.  

It was well know before hand that the final will be in Balakovo and there was some extra help offered from the organisers AGAIN that teams would make the trip. It was not a surprise.

Pure speculation on my part is why Elitserien playoffs start on that particular day in Sweden? UEM calendar was first (before FIM), then FMN calendars...

Finland is still in it to win it!

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

It was well know before hand that the final will be in Balakovo and there was some extra help offered from the organisers AGAIN that teams would make the trip. It was not a surprise.

Pure speculation on my part is why Elitserien playoffs start on that particular day in Sweden? UEM calendar was first (before FIM), then FMN calendars...

Finland is still in it to win it!

Are you seeded to the final ? :)

We would have been riding in Pardubice. Would have been great for the quys, they wanted it. Now its in the middle of summer in Terenzano, it’s not the same.

I have an email from Nov 15th saying the Balakovo round had been discussed in Rome. I think the date for entries closed in October so I could have wtobg earlier.