British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies v Rebels 17.04.19

Interesting meeting this one . Finding it difficult to call so should be a tight meeting heart is saying 46-44 but head is saying 44-46.

I think we bash them up in the lower order and get bashed up in the heat leader stakes. If we can get rory and bomber beat in a heat each i think we stand a chance. 

I'm thinking same as you very tight, Covatti will be back but Paco likely to want to put his marker down.

Brummies can still nick this group with 2 home wins especially after Eastie tanked Rebels last night 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I'm thinking same as you very tight, Covatti will be back but Paco likely to want to put his marker down.

Brummies can still nick this group with 2 home wins especially after Eastie tanked Rebels last night 

With Easties point's haul last night a bit unlikely I would have thought.

Think it will  be close, we could win this but I think the decisive heats will be Heats 13 and 15 where Somerset can can put Schlein/Harris in.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Counter that with Heats 2 + 8 + 14 where our strength in depth could be decisive as they have long tail with Kurtz, Atkins and Rowe

Harris is indeed out injured showed he wasn't fully fit for Ipswich and has pulled out. Aaron Summers guests in good form atm and knows the track so arguably makes Rebels stronger. 

5 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Harris is indeed out injured showed he wasn't fully fit for Ipswich and has pulled out. Aaron Summers guests in good form atm and knows the track so arguably makes Rebels stronger. 

I have to agree with you - unfortunately...….:(

kurtz , rowe , grobauer & atkins might just get into low double figures between them , schlein & summers won't go undefeated , so it's the brummies by 10 for me. 

5 hours ago, gee jay said:

kurtz , rowe , grobauer & atkins might just get into low double figures between them , schlein & summers won't go undefeated , so it's the brummies by 10 for me. 

Schlein and Summers may not go undefeated but will probably score a boatload more than the Brummies top end. It's the rest i'm worried about tbh. The Brummie reserves are better than ours, Kurtz needs to improve from his Eastie showing and Grobauer has never seen the place before. Covatti knows Perry Bar but is up against arguably the best rider so far for Birmingham in Morris. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SomersetBlue said:

Schlein and Summers may not go undefeated but will probably score a boatload more than the Brummies top end. It's the rest i'm worried about tbh. The Brummie reserves are better than ours, Kurtz needs to improve from his Eastie showing and Grobauer has never seen the place before. Covatti knows Perry Bar but is up against arguably the best rider so far for Birmingham in Morris. 

Big nights for Kurtz and Covatti. Should Covatti find 8 points then the rebels are in with a sniff, given his recent form should Kurtz find the track it might be considered a success. For the Brummies if Paco continues his 50/50 strike rate & Morris continues to be rider of the league then there should be plenty of points against the home side especially as Shanes is a different level of rider at home than he has shown so far.  

It's good to hear/read some fans giving us more of a chance than they were before the season started :t:

Shame about 'Bomber'....regardless of the result, I was really looking forward to seeing him back at PB !

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

It's good to hear/read some fans giving us more of a chance than they were before the season started :t:

Shame about 'Bomber'....regardless of the result, I was really looking forward to seeing him back at PB !

Tbh no one doubted the bottom end it's up there as one of the best. Wajtknecht is improving season on season, Paco has experience and Shanes is one of the best NL to step up. Thomsen would find it easier when he went to reserve too. The heat leaders were the question Morris has showed up but Ostergaard and Newman are the weakest heat leaders in the league. 

Here we go with guests again. If you have an injured rider tough , only RR , if a reserve is out then have a no. 8

The guests make the sport look amateurish