British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Brummies v Rebels 17.04.19

14 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Here we go with guests again. If you have an injured rider tough , only RR , if a reserve is out then have a no. 8

The guests make the sport look amateurish 

I disagree personally i would rather see a competitive meeting with 7 riders each side if that means a single guest tonight so be it. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Here we go with guests again. If you have an injured rider tough , only RR , if a reserve is out then have a no. 8

The guests make the sport look amateurish 

should be RR unless theres 2 heat leaders out - no guest for reserves/ 2nd strings

we really need to get rid of this farce of guests - and yes i would rather see a heavy loss or win as a result

13 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Big nights for Kurtz and Covatti. Should Covatti find 8 points then the rebels are in with a sniff, given his recent form should Kurtz find the track it might be considered a success. For the Brummies if Paco continues his 50/50 strike rate & Morris continues to be rider of the league then there should be plenty of points against the home side especially as Shanes is a different level of rider at home than he has shown so far.  

With your views on Covatti, is there any chance you could choose 6 numbers between 1 & 49............. no reason :)

• Haha 1

Credit to Somerset on the win, fully deserved and i just knew they would hit us in Heats 13 and 15 just like every team will do this season. Covatti was on another level, could have had another 5 rides and not be beat. The Brummies were just too inconsistant, they would have one good ride, followed by a poor one and so on. That was true of every rider apart from Paco Castagna who was superb, its a shame he wasn't utilised more. He should have replaced Thomson in Heat 10 dont know why he wasn't or put in Heat 8. We are in with a shout in matches but at the same time its hard to see when we are to win unless we are 10 points up going into Heat 13. Hopefully we can improve in the coming weeks.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I disagree personally i would rather see a competitive meeting with 7 riders each side if that means a single guest tonight so be it. 

4 likes for the post and 4 million people who won't come near the sport because of crap like guests

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ch958 said:

4 likes for the post and 4 million people who won't come near the sport because of crap like guests

well contributed to what was a brilliant brilliant meeting twists and turns and well done somerset ,in fact well done all 14 riders you served up the best meeting i have seen in years at perry barr.

As for guests and attracting big names to this country it matters not one bit to people because that 4 million people would not have a clue who anyone is anyway. Producing racing like i witnessed tonight every week would get 4 million people interested. 

We will have to agree to disagree on the guest ruling but i want to be entertained first and win second.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 6

Guests or not that was some speedway meeting. Obviously i'm happy to have won but Brummies gave their all but simply outdone by Covatti and Schlein as Brummies had no answer to them apart from a rare mistake from Schlein. Even when 6 points behind you could tell the Rebels were far from done. Too many inconsistent rides from Birmingham and tbh only really held the lead due to the inexperience of the Rebels reserves. Valentin was unlucky to retire whilst on a 5-1 as well. 

Impressed with Grobauer and Atkins - not loads of points but always in the thick of the action. Atkins made a couple of excellent gates too.

• Like 1

Was Rowe competitive ? To be fair he won’t come up against as strong reserves in most meetings.

Rowe was never far away.gating and first bend left him a lot to do apart from heat 2.  Big step up for both Rowe and Atkins but I think they can both develop quickly enough to cope, particularly against some of the lesser reserve pairings around.

R/R should have been kept as it was. Guests allowed for an absent number one or reserves only.

Did Summers score more than Haris would have? With Bomber’s form it’s hard to say. Would R/R have scored what Summers did? Possibly by a point or two, which was the difference on the night. 

Somerset’s soft belly and long tail didn’t do the business. How long until a change is made there? For Birmingham Thomsen looks as though he may be a duff. A steady middle order man in his place could be the difference in meetings like this. 

12 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

R/R should have been kept as it was. Guests allowed for an absent number one or reserves only.

Did Summers score more than Haris would have? With Bomber’s form it’s hard to say. Would R/R have scored what Summers did? Possibly by a point or two, which was the difference on the night. 

Somerset’s soft belly and long tail didn’t do the business. How long until a change is made there? For Birmingham Thomsen looks as though he may be a duff. A steady middle order man in his place could be the difference in meetings like this. 

Agree with everything you’ve said. It’s typical of British Speedway to cure one problem of riders missing non stop through clashes of fixtures and riders guessing here there and everywhere to still allowing guests for the top 3 riders in the averages. It should be guests for your no.1 and reserves and then again only if there are 2 or more riders missing through injury.

Good win for Somerset which puts the pressure on Eastbourne to go there and get a result, which I expect them to manage relatively comfortably. Kurtz and Grobauer seem extremely flaky as expected whilst a half astute team manager could of won it for Birmingham by giving more rides to Castagna.

• Like 1

Kurtz really needs to be riding like a third heatleader for this team to work.

those reserves are shockingly weak on the road and the new german will be duff more often than not .

very rarely see teams so top heavy sided do well but plenty of time yet.

10 hours ago, JC71 said:

With your views on Covatti, is there any chance you could choose 6 numbers between 1 & 49............. no reason :)

I certainly wouldn't bank on it as there is no way i thought Kurtz would get 5 so maybe im just jammy? certainly shows that on the good days a strong heat leader trio will win matches on their own but will always be close. Brum can feel unfortunate almost everyone is doing their job/exceeding expectations especially Paco who i was harsh about early on. Thomsen is the only one costing them points at present and has to be in the firing line soon you feel?