British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Unpopular Opinions - Speedway Edition

8 hours ago, sharpandroid said:

I think Buster Chapman has done great things for UK Speedway.

I think Rob Godfrey has too.

I think they are mostly to blame for bringing UK speedway to it's knees. It was stumbling badly when they took over with their loud-mouthed ( poorly thought through "tactics" ) One dead end thought after another - each of those has made the situation worse. They should hold their heads in shame but they are typical "I know I am right" kind of people and "damn you and what you think".  They are "My way or the highway" men, sadly. neither of them is interested in sincere feedback from supporters. They are both likely to "go down with the ship".

• Like 1

- Darcy Ward would never of been senior world champion

- Tracks like Newcastle can produce good racing just need good riders 

Edited by phillipsr

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I think they are mostly to blame for bringing UK speedway to it's knees. It was stumbling badly when they took over with their loud-mouthed ( poorly thought through "tactics" ) One dead end thought after another - each of those has made the situation worse. They should hold their heads in shame but they are typical "I know I am right" kind of people and "damn you and what you think".  They are "My way or the highway" men, sadly. neither of them is interested in sincere feedback from supporters. They are both likely to "go down with the ship".

I didn't want an answer, i just expressed my unpopular opinion.

• Like 1

Top riders who earn 100's of thousands of £'s in Poland and Sweden would all ride over here for thousands of £'s less per night if Speedway brought fixed nights in....

And if each club had three top riders each they would pack their stadiums out every meeting, so they could easily afford them..

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Says the guy who is the biggest BSF a##hole.

19 hours ago, The White Knight said:

In the pantheon of ignorant a##eholes on this Forum - you must be top. 

Me and my Shadow 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Says the guy who is the biggest BSF a##hole.

Guess your proving the point of the topic. Namely that it is indeed "an unpopular opinion".

"The forum has become a platform for juvenile insults and personal attacks above reasoned debate"

How's that for you?

20 hours ago, phillipsr said:

:rofl: a man who nearly destroyed Newcastle speedway, treated riders like c**p calling me an a**hole. Just brilliant 

Haven't heard from you for a while. It was nice!!! .. A racist old idiot doesn't like me!! What will i do. Thought you were leaving the forum or was that just bluster so people would beg you to stay.. no one cared 

You would be surprised. :party:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Top riders who earn 100's of thousands of £'s in Poland and Sweden would all ride over here for thousands of £'s less per night if Speedway brought fixed nights in....

And if each club had three top riders each they would pack their stadiums out every meeting, so they could easily afford them..

That old chestnut!

5 hours ago, winstoncigar said:

League speedway won't exist in the UK within five years

is that an unpopular opinion? It's one held by many.

Here's mine - i prefer NL/CL racing to PL and GP.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 10:02 AM, sharpandroid said:

I didn't want an answer, i just expressed my unpopular opinion.

Mine was not an answer. it was my unpopular opinion. I linked it to yours to offer some balance. Now that popular opinion is being swayed ( by some ) towards Buster Chapman being a "saviour" of top league UK speedway in 2019, my firmly held opinion is much less popular than it was.