British Speedway Forum
Guest WTF1

Scunthorpe v Sheffield 19/4/19 CS

Guest WTF1

Started this thread to wish the Scorpions good luck on Friday,  should be another close match,  unfortunately I'm unable to attend as Good Friday is just another working day for me,  if it was the normal 7.30pm I would have gone,  there must be some logical reason why it starts early at 5.30pm but I would imagine there are others who will miss it with having to work. 

Edited by WTF1

I` ve not been to Scunthorpe before whats the car parking facilitys like please.   Wheres best place to park ?   Thanks in advance.

Plenty of car parking space available to use on speedway nights & stock car nights. At the circle from town centre, turn right into stadium car park costing £1(free if you get there too early). Or turn left towards industrial area where it is free but longer to walk.

• Like 1

Hoping for a big improvement in our away form.Weve took a big gamble with 4 riders not knowing a lot of tracks and its showed in first 2 away meetings. Hopefully the riders can adjust a bit quicker at Scunthorpe so we can give it a good go.

Drew Kemp got 12 plus 1 with Ipswich last season, albeit at reserve.

2 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

Drew Kemp got 12 plus 1 with Ipswich last season, albeit at reserve.

He also scored 1 from 5 at the end of the season. Also from reserve.

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Hoping for a big improvement in our away form.Weve took a big gamble with 4 riders not knowing a lot of tracks and its showed in first 2 away meetings. Hopefully the riders can adjust a bit quicker at Scunthorpe so we can give it a good go.

Can practice nearly all winter on a smooth, easy track to ride. Very rarely see riders have difficulties.

Sheffield to provide a huge LIST of problems to the Scorpions on Good Friday and i can only see one realistic outcome - a good ironing taking place, and here is why.

Danny King - The EWR was made for this man, even though Owlerton is his new home, he will surely educate the Scorpions heat leaders on how to get around it.

Drew Kemp - It's simple, kid dynamite will relish in this one. Good Friday = good score. Will show the Scorpions second strings how business is done.

Kasper Andersen - Might have had a bumpy start with us and Lynn but guess what, this kid loves the EWR and will ride out of his kevlars to hammer in a big score.

Tyron Proctor - Mr hot head himself just knows he is going to be in the thick of pretty much everything on Friday, points included.

Kyle Howarth - Captain, leader, all out battler. Scorpions just know that when he is on it he will deliver, my gosh this score could be a big one for the Tigers.

Broc Nicol - Stars & stripes all the way with this wonderkid from across the pond. A weapon at reserve who most teams will fear, when this kid "clicks" everyone is in trouble.

Zaine Kennedy - Smooth, stylish and great to look at , and thats just his hair. Zaine Kennedy has little fear and will literally ride the boards to to get a point. A very good signing and has taken to life in the UK like a duck to water. A beautiful rider, a beautiful signing. Expect all out action.

So, my prediction......  A tough day at the office for the Scorpions unfortunately.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

Sheffield to provide a huge LIST of problems to the Scorpions on Good Friday and i can only see one realistic outcome - a good ironing taking place, and here is why.

Danny King - The EWR was made for this man, even though Owlerton is his new home, he will surely educate the Scorpions heat leaders on how to get around it.

Drew Kemp - It's simple, kid dynamite will relish in this one. Good Friday = good score. Will show the Scorpions second strings how business is done.

Kasper Andersen - Might have had a bumpy start with us and Lynn but guess what, this kid loves the EWR and will ride out of his kevlars to hammer in a big score.

Tyron Proctor - Mr hot head himself just knows he is going to be in the thick of pretty much everything on Friday, points included.

Kyle Howarth - Captain, leader, all out battler. Scorpions just know that when he is on it he will deliver, my gosh this score could be a big one for the Tigers.

Broc Nicol - Stars & stripes all the way with this wonderkid from across the pond. A weapon at reserve who most teams will fear, when this kid "clicks" everyone is in trouble.

Zaine Kennedy - Smooth, stylish and great to look at , and thats just his hair. Zaine Kennedy has little fear and will literally ride the boards to to get a point. A very good signing and has taken to life in the UK like a duck to water. A beautiful rider, a beautiful signing. Expect all out action.

So, my prediction......  A tough day at the office for the Scorpions unfortunately.

Going by the above, what are you predicting?  A 50-40 win for Scorpions?

• Like 2

Do think this will be the toughest test of the Season for the Scorpions, but think we have enough in the tank to win it... just! Be happy with a 47-43 or 46-44 win to the Scorpions... but be even better if we sent the Penistone Prowlers back without any points! ;)

• Like 1

Scorpians ready to give a team a good hiding at home and Sheffield team happen to be the victims I’m afraid,go the scorpians

• Like 1

Do hope your right Spiderman1, but thinkit'll be close... still going 47-43 to scunny... if track is prepared right, could be a classic

• Like 1