British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Tai Woffinden at his majestic best Sunday April 14th

When he rides like he did at times yesterday there isn't anyone to touch him..

As he says, if he brings his 'A game' and everyone else brings theirs..

His is better....

You can see when he is in 'the zone' everything flows, there is no locking up, or fighting the bike, everything is so smooth (and therefore very fast) and he is almost thinking several steps ahead of when and where to pass...

Great to watch, one of the best ever for me...

Great ride and what form he is in. It may be early days, but back to back titles looking like a certainty 

Edited by AlexBrady

5 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Great ride and what form he is in. It may be early days, but back to back titles looking like a certainty 

He is nowhere near a certainty- I think it could be  Zmarzlik`s year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

You can see when he is in 'the zone' everything flows, there is no locking up, or fighting the bike, everything is so smooth (and therefore very fast) and he is almost thinking several steps ahead of when and where to pass...

Great to watch, one of the best ever for me...

I have said it before, but there really is something unique and incredible about Tai's style. It seems like he is riding on rails, even when switching lines. He may not have a style like Collins, Craven, or Moran, but I have never understood those who label him "boring"...

Steve

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I think the desperation of being the nearly man could be his undoing.

Yes there is a long list of riders who made it onto the rostrum,sometimes a couple of times,but never made that final step to world champ

There is also heat 13 where he is last going into the first bend before eventually passing Nicki for the win and heat 15 where he passes Vaculik, moving him out to help Magic through

10 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The size of the crowd - a world away from speedway UK.

Plus the wonderful stadium improvements, i went there for the 1992 world final, the place looks so much better now.

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I dunno.  Zmarzlik doesn't seem quite as good under pressure as Tai.

I tip Woffy for No 4 this year.

I realise he'd already won in 2013 and 2015, but IMO Woffy seemed to step up a further gear last year.  He's going to be hard to live with for the next few years. 

Edited by lucifer sam

All this Woffy love, there's at least thirty British riders I can name that are better.. :)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, chunky said:

I have said it before, but there really is something unique and incredible about Tai's style. It seems like he is riding on rails, even when switching lines. He may not have a style like Collins, Craven, or Moran, but I have never understood those who label him "boring"...

Steve

I understand. It's an easy subjective way to belittle a rider they - for whatever reason - don't like. He looks every inch a rider who has all the attributes to be the best of all-time. The professionalism of Mauger/Rickardsson, the overtaking ability of Collins, the technical ability of Nielsen, the coolness under pressure of Fundin/Gundersen. A very special rider indeed. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

The size of the crowd - a world away from speedway UK.

Two meetings, over 25,000 fans in attendance...

Would need at least fifteen meetings over here to get that many in the top league..

Some riders earning circa £25k - £30k a match...

As you say, a world away..

Not comparable in any way shape or form...

• Thanks 1

Tai does indeed look in unreal form right now. Way too early to put his name on the trophy tho. Should be a great GP season.