British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Tai Woffinden at his majestic best Sunday April 14th

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

All this Woffy love, there's at least thirty British riders I can name that are better.. :)

At doing what? :unsure:

10 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Whoooooooosh.......... :(

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

All this Woffy love, there's at least thirty British riders I can name that are better.. :)

Very true .all from 25 years ago 

There will be the argument the opposition was tougher back then. Even tho the eastern European boys were essentially riding on old lawn mowers...

11 minutes ago, orion said:

Very true .all from 25 years ago 

And at least another 30 from the 1970's...

Steve

8 minutes ago, chunky said:

And at least another 30 from the 1970's...

Steve

Is he genuinely in the top 50 all time British riders?

26 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Not according to some of the experts on the BSF, apparently... And we haven't even included the 50's and 60's yet!!! :drink:

28 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

No .don't you remember the British Finals of the 70's and 80's 

29 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

He needs to win at least 10 more World Championships to break into the top 50. Still, it is so easy to win the GP series - but only for Woffinden, and not everybody else...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, orion said:

No .don't you remember the British Finals of the 70's and 80's 

Oh, that's right! You needed an 11-point average to even think about being good enough to qualify for a British Final...

51 minutes ago, chunky said:

Oh, that's right! You needed an 11-point average to even think about being good enough to qualify for a British Final...

Oh come on Chunky. You talk some good stuff but averages is silly. 

Averages and winning races is no way to judge a rider, nor titles for that matter. I'm surprised you're basing your judgement on such things. Even if you did have you ever seen Tai Woffinden win a world title live, in the stadium? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Don't get me wrong 1 valve, Tai is good but he hasn't got anyone to beat. So much easier now, just turn up, win, ride round, don't have to win many races, pressure? No, closed shop, rivals not around.

In the 70's did you see a rider lose a race before a World Final? So tough the competition, Betts. Look at it, Ashby. Legends. Pusey, warrior. Would he lose a race today, don't think so. Grand Prix, back in the day, wow, Mauger would have won 20+, Olsen too, Collins 10... could you see them losing a race, wow, competition, Les Collins, grand prix, would he get beat, be honest? Carter, be world champ 5 times over in a GP, tough, Sanders! Different class. Joe Owen, different level, 

Think 1 valve. Were you there?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Don't get me wrong 1 valve, Tai is good but he hasn't got anyone to beat. So much easier now, just turn up, win, ride round, don't have to win many races, pressure? No, closed shop, rivals not around.

In the 70's did you see a rider lose a race before a World Final? So tough the competition, Betts. Look at it, Ashby. Legends. Pusey, warrior. Would he lose a race today, don't think so. Grand Prix, back in the day, wow, Mauger would have won 20+, Olsen too, Collins 10... could you see them losing a race, wow, competition, Les Collins, grand prix, would he get beat, be honest? Carter, be world champ 5 times over in a GP, tough, Sanders! Different class. Joe Owen, different level, 

Think 1 valve. Were you there?

So pleased you're a Woffy fan, he'd be fckued without you!

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Even if you did have you ever seen Tai Woffinden win a world title live, in the stadium? 

Iit's obviously the only way I will get to see it, because I'm not allowed to watch him on the live stream specifically provided for people like me by the organisers... :(

Is it still illegal and immoral if I just have it on in the background??? :blink:

Steve

• Like 2