British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Belle Vue Thursday 18th April 7.30pm

That link doesn't work for me BUT I can't see Bomber being fit for this?! He has withdrawn from tomorrow's Somerset fixture as he requires an op on his wrist to support the scaphoid bone - according to his own social media updates.

Craig Cook wearing Josephs technicolour dreamcoat :P

• Haha 2

Rory Schlein a preferred choice of guest for me - press release on twitter says bombers still hoping to ride on Thursday, I know he’s a tough lad but I hope if he does ride it’s because he’s genuinely fit enough

• Like 1

He probably shouldn't have ridden last night,,, and so it looked.  Bomber is a brave tough geezer, and probably needs to be told no. 

17 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Rory Schlein a preferred choice of guest for me - press release on twitter says bombers still hoping to ride on Thursday, I know he’s a tough lad but I hope if he does ride it’s because he’s genuinely fit enough

Maybe that should be taken out of his hands? We can’t afford to lose our opening league fixture at home and it’s going to be tough enough as it is against a good Belle Vue side. 

On the face of it the result last night looks poor, but to put it in to context, just four more points from a clearly unfit Harris would have seen us take a consolation point. 

10 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So should he have ridden last night?

No is the obvious answer to that one. He rode with a broken scaphoid! He’s now had surgery to “put it back together”

He may be a tough lad, but the manager and promotion need to be tough enough to take these decisions out of the riders hands at times. 

It seems madness to even consider him on Thursday to me. If he rides and rides poorly and it costs us a result, then those in charge will deservedly come in for a lot of flack IMO. 

We’re still in April and it’s a long season, why even contemplate taking that risk?

Edited by Arch Stanton

Schlien in number1 or Ipswich reserve pair ,these 2 ausies on on it,do not run Harris if injured as found the hard way at kings lynn,witches need this win do not carry passengers

22 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Does anybody know which turnstile has be to used to pay by debit/credit card? 

It’s the far left aisle where season ticket holders are ushered in. You then go in to the office at the end of the aisle where they’ll take your credit/debit card purchase. 

They really need to tighten up this policy however as I’ve seen many people abuse it and simply carry on walking in to the stadium and disappearing without paying!

When I first paid with my debit card last year, I was told to go to said office and someone will take my payment. I went to the office only to find nobody there! I waited around looking in the track shop for 5 minutes which is of course INSIDE the stadium, until some lady finally appeared. I then went back in and paid my entrance fee. 

Staggering lack of organisation and security. 

• Like 1

According to BBC Radio Suffolk, Bomber is having his scaphoid screwed back together but still hopes to ride on Thursday. Madness to perhaps contemplate this but who knows. Just remember ‘act in haste repent at leisure’

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s the far left aisle where season ticket holders are ushered in. You then go in to the office at the end of the aisle where they’ll take your credit/debit card purchase. 

They really need to tighten up this policy however as I’ve seen many people abuse it and simply carry on walking in to the stadium and disappearing without paying!

When I first paid with my debit card last year, I was told to go to said office and someone will take my payment. I went to the office only to find nobody there! I waited around looking in the track shop for 5 minutes which is of course INSIDE the stadium, until some lady finally appeared. I then went back in and paid my entrance fee. 

Staggering lack of organisation and security. 

Could be a long queue at this 'turnstyle' this week...... :P

• Haha 3