British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Belle Vue Thursday 18th April 7.30pm

20 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Nothing special about this Aces team imo. Play offs here we come :party:

Crikey that will be Acef on suicide watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a bad meeting for early season and object lesson in how to run an efficient 15 heats - 7.45 start and all over by 9.05 - impressive. 

Very good view from well up in the back straight grandstand but I do wish the track lighting was better - difficult to determine who is who around the bends (particularly bends 3 and 4) and, again from the same standpoint, the start area is rather dim.

Really good race between Cam and Max.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, semion said:

Yeah Gavlar got that well wrong.  Hadn’t factored in a Bewley zero.  Had  him down for at least an 8.

Belle Vue will come good once Bewley is up and running and the Aussie kid finds his feet.

A very fair post.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:46 AM, hyderd said:

Personally I feel that the reserves will determine where the league points go, and Ippo's reserves look stronger round their own track. Ippo by 6-8 points for me.

Ippo's reserves 17.....Belle Vue's 1......I rest my case, although I did expect our reserves to do better.

When your second heat leader and four point reserve score zero between then, you are always going to be up against it. Given that one had his collarbone screwed together just a few weeks ago and the other is coming back from well documented major injuries it comes as no surprise. Any opinion to the contrary if frankly baffling. 

Luckily titles are not won in April and I’m sure later in the season we could expect a modest 12 points from these two to make things a little tighter come heat 15. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ouch said:

When your second heat leader and four point reserve score zero between then, you are always going to be up against it. Given that one had his collarbone screwed together just a few weeks ago and the other is coming back from well documented major injuries it comes as no surprise. Any opinion to the contrary if frankly baffling. 

Luckily titles are not won in April and I’m sure later in the season we could expect a modest 12 points from these two to make things a little tighter come heat 15. 

In your dreams

2 hours ago, semion said:

Yeah Gavlar got that well wrong.  Hadn’t factored in a Bewley zero.  Had  him down for at least an 8.

Belle Vue will come good once Bewley is up and running and the Aussie kid finds his feet.

Bewley has never looked comfortable at Foxhall but last night was a shock even given that

It was a great shame to see him struggle so poorly even though it benefitted the Witches

I genuinely hope he can get back to full fitness and start showing the rapid improvement he was making before his crash and soon

Whilst Lidsey didnt look like troubling the scorers last night it was still apparent that there is talent there from his general style and in the way he learned from each ride 

Belle Vue will be in the mix no doubt about it

7 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

In your dreams

Its a fine line in speedway a fully fit Bewley and Lidsey(also give him time to get used to U K tracks)  should at least have scored 4 between them and that would have got us a point if we do that at every away meeting I will be very happy and we will be in the play offs.

• Haha 1

You might well smile spiderman but if my teams top 5 only scored 19 points between them at Kings lynn I would be a lot more worried about my teams away form.

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

You might well smile spiderman but if my teams top 5 only scored 19 points between them at Kings lynn I would be a lot more worried about my teams away form.

That will happen quite often I fear. We’ll pick up the odd point here and there but I’d be very surprised if we win an away meeting all season. 

The team has good home riders in it though and a good home season will suffice for our first season back in the top flight. 

On Belle Vue, I fully expect them to be much better next time around and it’ll be a tighter meeting I expect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

Ippo's reserves 17.....Belle Vue's 1......I rest my case, although I did expect our reserves to do better.

Lidsey will no doubt improve throughout the season - I have to say in the off season lots of people on here seemed to regard berge as a trump card at reserve and wanted him in their teams....can’t say I’ve ever really rated him at all - mostly seen him at Foxhall where he’s always been poor, and a couple of times at Sheffield which again been very inconsistent. So imo your reserves did what I expected last night - Lidsey improved every race looks a fast learner he’ll do better on his next Foxhall visit

Cant really see why bewley is riding at 3 away from home currently, surely would make more sense to put Worrall at 3 which would take a bit of pressure off of wells who also seems to be struggling early season 

Strange  to read 'some' Ipswich fans completely ignoring the fact its only Dan Bewley's  3rd competitive outing 

Since sustaining serious injuries ?, 

3 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Strange  to read 'some' Ipswich fans completely ignoring the fact its only Dan Bewley's  3rd competitive outing 

Since sustaining serious injuries ?, 

Nobody is ignoring that fact and i would think we all want to see Dan back to the level he was at. Foxhall isnt his favourite place anyway

We were written off at the start and its nice to prove the doubters wrong

• Like 1

The wide open spaces of Belle Vue and Petebrough are a lot different to Foxhall. Bewley struggled on the tight grippy circuit.. but great to see him back on a bike again.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Nothing special about this Aces team imo. Play offs here we come :party:

We will beat you when we come back later in the season. Dan is still finding his fitness and Jamion has never seen the place. The first half of the season on the road is about developing and then taking the away points on 2nd visits.

I have every confidence.

• Haha 1