British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Belle Vue Thursday 18th April 7.30pm

5 hours ago, ouch said:

When your second heat leader and four point reserve score zero between then, you are always going to be up against it. Given that one had his collarbone screwed together just a few weeks ago and the other is coming back from well documented major injuries it comes as no surprise. Any opinion to the contrary if frankly baffling. 

Luckily titles are not won in April and I’m sure later in the season we could expect a modest 12 points from these two to make things a little tighter come heat 15. 

Is the top and bottom of it.

Over a season I fully expect Ipswich to be propping the table up and BV comfortably in the play offs.

7 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Crikey that will be Acef on suicide watch.

It's odd that people formulate such an opinion, not sure how you have arrived at it but each to their own.

Titles and play off qualification are not earned in April, even less so in a first away meeting.

Well done to Ipswich, a much better team on the night.

• Like 1

Good race Arch. Cheers for that :t: It's the new Heeps MK2 ;)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What a cracking race

Superb race.

Proper speedway Nige! Haven’t been to the Foxhole since they widened it and I really must make the effort. 

• Like 3

Look full on that heat.  Works much better without the commentary :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, semion said:

Look full on that heat.  Works much better without the commentary :)

That's something I'd like to see tried at meetings, commentary on each race, I think it would make for a good atmosphere :)

12 hours ago, Trees said:

That's something I'd like to see tried at meetings, commentary on each race, I think it would make for a good atmosphere :)

Really? Why would you need a running commentary on what you can actually see? Peter York used to do it and I found it irritating and pointless. Hard to hear over the bikes anyway

2 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Really? Why would you need a running commentary on what you can actually see? Peter York used to do it and I found it irritating and pointless. Hard to hear over the bikes anyway

More for the kids but I think, if done well, could add to the night in a positive way especially for newbies and kids ......

12 hours ago, Trees said:

Porky at Wolves does the last lap commentary which adds to the excitement. I wouldn’t want any other laps commented on tho.

The only benefit would be to give any newbies an idea what’s happening and whose who during the race.

4 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

No such thing, its 2019 Steve.

It would be a rare thing i grant you!

• Thanks 1