British Speedway Forum
Mafiarule

Who will make a move for Josh Bates.could well be the inspired signing of the season

On 4/19/2019 at 8:50 PM, fliss44 said:

It appears that all we are going to be told is that ''he's a nutter'' and ''has the Samaritans on speed dial.'':rolleyes:

All I  see is  that he's a very exciting speedway rider to watch, happy to chat to his fans,  is a crowd pleaser and always appears professional in his approach. Can't please 'em all!!!!

Will always split opinions, he's just one of those riders. Personally i don't count extreme sledging & naked face down snow angels as a professional approach but as i said just an opinion. He could easily put all that behind him and go on to have a very solid career if not he will just join the heap of riders who had the ability and never got close to their true potential.

Whether true or not I do have the opinion that he is a rider who falls off a lot/injury prone?

I would label josh bates a character and maybe we need a few more like josh to make our sport a little more interesting, love him or hate him you certainly get your moneys worth when he's on track.

• Like 3

The world would be a very boring place if we all agreed. :t:

On 4/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, therefused said:

Hes a bit of a nutcase?

Fair to say that by anybody’s standards he has acted somewhat unprofessional & childish in a number of instances. That said, this year his riding had been very good and his demeanour appears to be that of a fast maturing young man. With a caring manager keeping him in check and focussed on learning his trade Josh could really step up this season. Good luck to the lad. Hope he stays fit and goes from strength to strength. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DBP said:

Thought it was Joe Lawler who set off a hotel fire alarm

Apologies, of course it was. I’ve deleted the post as it’s not a valid one.