British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Poole Pirates v Swindon Robins • Good Friday

3 hours ago, lastword said:

Just got back from the National League meeting at Belle Vue.  1 p.m. start.

Hottest day of the year in Manchester by a mile, but the water browser was out about every three heats (for just a few laps) and the meeting was completed in one hour fifty minutes. 

No dust at all!

It can be done. 

I went to Scunthorpe and they had the track well watered and they watered again during grading time. there was no dust.   There was some dust in the car park though

Pretty awful meeting gate and go hardly any water put on later in the meeting and track deteriated massively could hardly see any racing the promotion need to seroiusly look at getting better prepared 4 day meeting or dont have them just 730 starts.

Said from the get go swindon would be the stronger team full of gaters and we only have klindt who can,in all honesty our team should get to play offs but its a team that strikes me done on the cheap no real no1 which we needed since magic left.

The only improvement i see in this team is the reserves thats it tbh....

Have you Poole boys thought about getting Lawrence of Arabia in as a heat leader?

Could be a decent point scorer, particularly at home.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Blimey, it was bad :blink:.Things might be tight, but that's silly and dangerous. They must be on a water meter.. Maybe someone should open a Go Fund  Me page so they can fill the bowser up.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Personally i think the team will be fine but the meeting was ruined as a spectacle by not putting enough water down, the meeting was delayed because they had the bowser going round so why not let it go round every 2 or 3 heats instead all we got was a couple of hoses being waved around. Not good enough. If we had the bowser going round at regular intervals there would be very little dust and a better meeting 

It's been the same for ages.  That's why I stopped going two years ago after years of supporting the team and promotion.  They have just never address the problems.They only have themselves to blame.  Such a crying shame.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally i think the team will be fine but the meeting was ruined as a spectacle by not putting enough water down, the meeting was delayed because they had the bowser going round so why not let it go round every 2 or 3 heats instead all we got was a couple of hoses being waved around. Not good enough. If we had the bowser going round at regular intervals there would be very little dust and a better meeting 

There wasn’t even a hosepipe on turns three and four, until just before the nominated heats. Was there a reason the bowser didn’t reappear? I couldn’t see a thing from heat nine onwards, although I suppose under the circumstances that may have been for the best.

I agree with you regarding the team, Holder will sort himself out, and Worrall seems to be doing pretty well for Leicester. The others are performing pretty much as expected. Also, Swindon’s top three were exceptional, so it’s a bit silly to be reading too much into one meeting. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ray c said:

Same one I think you will find can't remember what he called his self before 

Whatever happened to Gater/MattFordFan? I had a few months off this place and when I came back he was gone and Blackheart was posting the same sort of stuff as him. Has he actually said it's him? I know MFF had become a laughing stock as he was calling out people who go every week yet he has never even been to Poole!

8 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Whatever happened to Gater/MattFordFan? I had a few months off this place and when I came back he was gone and Blackheart was posting the same sort of stuff as him. Has he actually said it's him? I know MFF had become a laughing stock as he was calling out people who go every week yet he has never even been to Poole!

does look like one of the same :t:

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

The track is the most important part of the business, but the majority of the promoters just don't get it.

It's worked for Ford over the years so he doesn't bother too much... 

• Like 1

has there been an apology from the promotion to their customers who had to endure such horrible  conditions??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, poole keith said:

has there been an apology from the promotion to their customers who had to endure such horrible  conditions??

haven't seen one anywhere . so I guess no 

No way would i want to be breathing in that dust, it's not very healthy to say the least...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, poole keith said:

How about an apology from the riders who didn't want the track watered once racing started?!

• Like 3